Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby David

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 8:08 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 347 Total Views

On February 28th, 2012, my son David was born 12 weeks early. We had been prepared for this since his sister was also 12 weeks early and is now a healthy 22lb. 1 yr.old. But it ended very differently this time. David was born with a heart defect that would eventually require open heart surgeries, and to our surprise that was the least of his problems. David had bleeding on the brain, a staph infection which lead to kidney issues. He was so swollen that he looked twice as big as his 2lb. 8 oz. self. Eventually his bowel perforated which lead to complete kidney failure and liver failure. On March 13th we had to make the decision to take David off life support. He passed in our arms that evening. Everytime I close my eyes I see him in my arms, his passing was only the second time we had gotten to hold him. I'm holding it together for my daughter, but I struggle with the guilt that I couldn't bring a full term baby into this world. I know its irrational, but thats how I feel.

by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
BlahNomMom
by Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 11:28 PM
I'm so sorry momma, if you ever want to talk I'm here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyanderson
by Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 9:20 AM
I pray you find peace. So sorry you and your family had to go through this! I hope things start getting better for you soon. Its so incredibly hard losing a baby..I hope this site helps you in some way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN