Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vulvadynia Q?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:00 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 419 Total Views

For those of you who have vulvadynia, does it hurt inside, outside, how often? With a flare do you get a 'raw' feeling externally? I am having a really bad time with this....

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lauraharvie
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 1:17 PM

honestly mine flares up often and w/o reason. most times it starts when my period comes then turns into almost a yeast infection "feeling" itching , burns. It also flares after having sex of course but my dr gave me lidocaine jelly to use when having intercourse, it numbs at least for a while then i use ice packs to keep the "sweeling" down. sorry so graphic but when it comes to this problem you can't always be discreet. Are you on Neurontin? maybe your dr can up your Neurontin?

jennagale76
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 4:13 PM

I'm not on Neurontin, I'm on Elmiron, and it helps with the bladder symptoms but I have no relief for the vulvadynia. What you described is almopst exactly like what I am feeling, I feel like I have a yeast infection but I know I don't. I can't stand this! Do you do anything special for that specific problem?

Quoting lauraharvie:

honestly mine flares up often and w/o reason. most times it starts when my period comes then turns into almost a yeast infection "feeling" itching , burns. It also flares after having sex of course but my dr gave me lidocaine jelly to use when having intercourse, it numbs at least for a while then i use ice packs to keep the "sweeling" down. sorry so graphic but when it comes to this problem you can't always be discreet. Are you on Neurontin? maybe your dr can up your Neurontin?

lauraharvie
by Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 1:15 PM

i use alot of vagisil just for the itching and burning but neorontin will help with that, talk to your dr or gyn about it.they alos say to wear cotton underwear and loose fitting clothes. I live in sweatpants anyway b/c i'm a daycare teacher but i notice when i wear jeans or dress up it makes it uncoftable by the end of the night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)