Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have a question

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:17 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 280 Total Views

i have been on here a while but havn't posted anything yet i have been very busy and a little worried.  anyway i have a son who is almost 5 mths old now he was a 25 wker and he has been having a problem going #2.  He has been fine then started going everyother day his home nurse said it was ok not to worry to much and now he is going like 5 days in between.  when i called his doc when he first started last week they said they can go 5-7 days and be fine but im getting worried something might be wrong so my question is, is this normal for them to go though this like stages i guess or is there something that might be wrong?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Casarah13
by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 1:54 PM

If you feel that there is something wrong take him to his doctor and have him checked. Wouldn't worry to much tho if they both said that it was okay. I haven't ever experienced this but that is my opinion.

bmlcr
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2009 at 2:54 PM

I worried about the same thing when my daughter was around. i did take her to the doc she said that preemies digestive track can be very sluggish. and that its completly normal! they said if you think that he looks like hes tryin but still nothing to give him a 1/2oz of water before a feed. and of that dosent work try sum prune juice.

PaulDaniel
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2009 at 2:57 PM

My DS was a 26 weeker and we had the same problem. It started in the NICU, they use to put glycerin tablets up his bum. When he came home, it got so bad his poor tummy would be rock hard, so his pediatrcian had us give him straight prune juice, it worked like a charm and still does to this day, he still has troubles going.

tjroberts
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2009 at 11:36 AM

thank you ladies he is my first primee so most things are normal to me but when it comes to things like this i just have no clue i will try the jucie

AggieMamacita
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2009 at 8:31 PM

You can also try mixing Karo in his milk. Prune juice is another awesome recommendation. And worst case - get some little suppositories.. or try the rectal massage. (Totally gross, but it can be effective....) My son is SUPER regular, but when he first came home he was still adjusting to regular feeds and he had a couple issues with it... never THAT bad, but bad enough to make me feel sorry for him and freak out! (Probably b/c I remembered what it was like after my c-section!)

But - as someone else said... if it is bothering you... trust the instinct... push the issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)