Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flu Shot??

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:54 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 256 Total Views

this is probably stupid, but i'm so confused.  my daughter is getting the RSV vaccines- she's not in daycare and we've all received flu shots.  is it really neccessary for them to get it?  i know the consequences.....but she's still so little and all these shots she gets!!!!  I just want to do what's best.... any advice? 

thank you all and happy holidays!!!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nsrush83
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:23 PM

I didnt give my son the flu shot while he was getting the RSV shots. I wasnt taking him out anyway so I figured it would be fine. They have gotten pricked enough!

StephM8199
by Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:00 PM

I'm getting both done. Yes, I know that it's alot of pricking and my little one has been through enough... but I can't imagine her getting sick and knowing that I could of done more to keep her healthy.

LovelyElise
by Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:58 PM
Elise got her flu shot a little while back. She got a little congested from it, but otherwise I feel it was a good decision. I posted the same question when she got it. Here is the link to the thread. There were a lot of good, some passionate, responses. LOL. http://www.cafemom.com/group/3401/boards/read/6047517/Flu_shot?next=1#replies
s.dueck
by Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:17 AM

My son (former 23weeker, now an 11month-old) gets RSV monthly and just got his last half of his flu shot. He also got a little congested. Yes he's been thru SO much, but I personally think that one little prick is a lot better than possibly being re-hospitalized with NUMEROUS (blood gasses, IVs, etc...)pricks!!!!

s.dueck

nsrush83
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:31 AM

wow, I dont blame you since he gets RSV monthly! I think my responce came across wrong. If you want to get the shot for him go ahead, I dont think a little extra protection is wrong by any means!

Quoting s.dueck:

My son (former 23weeker, now an 11month-old) gets RSV monthly and just got his last half of his flu shot. He also got a little congested. Yes he's been thru SO much, but I personally think that one little prick is a lot better than possibly being re-hospitalized with NUMEROUS (blood gasses, IVs, etc...)pricks!!!!

s.dueck
by Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 1:59 PM

Sorry my post was misleading!!! My son gets RSV SHOTS monthly not RSV. So sorry I should have proof-read before submitting. He hasn't been sick at all except for the bit of congestion after the flu shot. I know we plan on not taking our presous preemies out, but WHAT IF something happens and you have no choice? I like to think that I've done what I can to protect him, PREPARE FOR THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST!!! Isn't that what we've all been doing since the delivery?!?!? So why stop now?

SARA

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)