Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Micro Preemie Drinks a 40 oz for good health

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:49 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 391 Total Views

LOL! That tittle was a good one huh...Thanks for reading this post. I am a little discouraged and wanted to get some feedback from other Micro Preemie parents. My daughter London was born @ 25 weeks 5-15-08 weighing 1lb 8ozs. She's now nearly 13 mos (9 1/2 mos corrected) and she's not crawling doesnt stand on her own. for the most part she's says dada and thats pretty much where it stops beside random noises that translate to baby jargan. Also, she's barely 15 lbs now.  I just feel helpless like theres more that I should be doing in addition to her physical therapy excersices and early on program.  London is just know really getting the hang of holding her own bottle.

Thanks for any feedback

Discouraged Mom,  

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
faithsmommy1003
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:06 PM

My daughter Faith is a 23 weeker. She weighed 1 lb 6 1/2 ozs. Faith is now 20 months. She started to crawl when she was a little over 13 months. And started to walk about 2 months ago, so she was 18 months. She is also only 17 lbs and 29 3/4 inches tall. She eats when she wants to and just recently started to drink 8 ozs in her bottle at night. I believe our miracles do what they want when they are ready. Hope this helps a little.

TristansMom77
by Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Tristan is also an ex-25 wkr, weighing 1 lb 8 oz. He is now 22 mo (18.5 adjusted), is about 30" tall, and weighs 20 lbs 1 oz (as of last Thursday). He started crawling at about 12 mo adjusted, and still is not walking. He is talking a little bit (1-syllable words), but that only started after he got his ear tubes put in this last Jan.
I don't have anything for you to compare to regarding eating, as he has a G-tube and is 100% tube fed (refuses to take anything by mouth).

I think that our little miracles are miracles enough that they are still with us today, and just remember, that they have their own "curve" that they tend to follow. Just keep on lovin' 'em, right?

Good luck and take care,

Katherine
Mother of 2 happy boys and 1 little Angel
Married to the man of my dreams since 01/25/03

preemiemomjptwo
by Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 1:35 AM

First off, don't be discouraged.

My son is a former 24/25 weeker who weighed 1 lb. 3 oz. at birth. They gave him less than a 10% chance of survival. He started to crawl I'd say around 9 mo. and was walking at 13 mo. or so.  He has always been on the small side. My son is 4 1/2 now and if I'm lucky he might have hit 30 lbs. by now. He was about 28 lbs. in April. We are still working on the potty training(he's lazy on this subject). He can read, spell his first and last name, and can point out his address. I'm not bragging, I just want you to know that they do all have their own little curve and way of catching up. We go to a NICU reunion every year, and last yr. his doctor was close to tears when he saw him.  I am so excited for them to see him this year which is in about a week!

Just keep doing what you are doing and stay positive. They'll just out of the blue do something when you least expect it.

Good luck momma!

www.bikersforbabies.org/teamtucker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)