Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving to Murfreesboro

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:58 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 187 Total Views

My family is moving to Murfreesboro in September and I wanted to get some more information about the area.  Best places to live? Good schools? playgroups?  Any info would be greatly appreciated!  I have a 2 year old and a 4 week old. Thanks!

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Momto1plus1
by Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I have lived in Murfreesboro for 17 years.   My kids are older so I'm not sure where the places are to go today, but the Discovery Center was always a great place.   We have a great parks system with a Greenway to walk on.   I have two boys. 26 and 13.   When the 13 year old came along I had no idea where or what to do with him.    Moms Club of Murfreesboro was my saving grace.   I met my best friends of today there.  Google the name and you should find it.   School wise they are all great.   I sub for both the city and county schools.   I can tell you first hand they are all great.   I know many people will say this or that school is better but honestly they are all pretty equal.   I live in the Barfield area and absolutely loved Barfield Elementary.   I student taught at Cason Lane Academy and Christiana Elementary and they are both great  

mylilladybug
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I am about to move to the Barfield area. My brother use to go to Barfield and it really is a great school. There are plenty of really nice parks in murfreesboro. There is one in the barfield area as well.  I think Murfreesboro is a wonderful place for little kids. I have a 3 year old and a 17mnth. Im not just saying that because I live here. Im a big city girl and was raised in California. Even though I do miss it I really do like raising my babies here. Welcome to Murfreesboro :) Where are you coming from?

mamaofmakayla
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Thanks for all the information! We are moving from wyoming. We will be house hunting tomorrow actually and I put several barfield area homes on the list so thank you for the suggestion. I noticed a lot of homes out there are part of communities that have pools/playgrounds/etc. Is that pretty common? I would love to live in a family friendly neighborhood because my 2 year old loves playing with other kids! I love hearing that the schools are good, both from a mom and teachers perspective, although I will be staying at home this next year :) if anyone has any other information, keep it coming!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN