Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a note on our astrology group's security

Posted by (Group Owner) on Aug. 4, 2011 at 6:47 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 345 Total Views

I wanted to write a bit about my decision to delete a few postings. I inquired about the posting links and left them up for few weeks then I felt because I did not get a response from the poster I was leary about the links she posted.(make sense?)

Basically it was for "free readings" and it linked out of CM. I am all for free stuff yet I also see it as a ploy and marketing scam. (as if CM doesn't have them ..ha ha)

I just wanted to post that if you do want to link us all out of CM or even within CM to a group you like or own etc-- feel free to ask or at least describe give a referral-- not just " this is great " .. but reference yourself as to who you are even just to say hi-- after all why would I or anyone else believe you if you never introduce yourself to any of us here-- especially if a reference a name a company name etc or who runs the website as there are quite a few scams out there I do not want any of us to fall prey to scams or problems that could damage our computers or who knows what. As for me I stick to personal referrals when it comes to astrology and after reading loads of books I can tell you names of who I like (people I have actually met as well as their websites etc. Yet I wouldn't  outright trust a simple link when I have no idea about the person who posted it and I get no response when I ask. 

Any thoughts on this?    was I too harsh?

by on Aug. 4, 2011 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
arianna24 Head Admin
by on Aug. 4, 2011 at 7:45 PM
Nope not harsh at all! Thanks for thinking about us and protecting us from viruses or scams or whatever else can be out there.

What are some names of astrologers that you like to follow?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlejulie Group Owner
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Alice O Howell, Greg Bogart, Caroline Casey & of coarse Ms Mir-Miriam Slozberg

Steven Forrest has lots of good books too and lots for beginners (did you see some of my book reviews at Amazon? I only review the ones that are my favorites theres so many wonderful astrologers out there.

Have a good day today we are going to six flags !

littlejulie Group Owner
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 9:05 AM

the blog  in Blogger called CREDO is Alice O Howell's

Greg Bogart and Miriam Slozberg are easily found as well with Google

Caroline Casey as well as Coyote Network News-- KPFA

My teacher in the midwest was Christine Arens who is president of the Friends of astrology she also serves on various boards AFA American federation of Astrologers

I am a member of the N.C.G.R -- National Council of Geocosmic Reesearch as well as I.S.A.R. and the F.O.A. (Friends of Astrology)

These are all wonderful and well known organizations that provide seminars lectures conferences as well as meeting others interested in Astrology and / or practicing.

Lately I am upset I have been missing them as we are down to 1 car no babysitter and so just today realized I will miss Lee Lehman whos coming for a 2 day seminar on Medical for the Chicago area North side-- I will have to get my astrology fix online as its been real hard to get out to the groups with work and the kids another good group online I found which was recommended though the other groups is the Online College of Astrology where I took part of their online conference last November-- they also offered quite a few free online lectures. Well I can go on.  Take care  Julie

arianna24 Head Admin
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Thank you! That's a lot of great information. Hope you had fun

littlejulie Group Owner
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Thanks, It was good my little ones 1st time there   ps the Online College of Astrology is aka International association of astrology

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)