Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shaklee teas and nutritional product questions?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2008 at 2:10 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 1149 Total Views
Are all of the shaklee teas and nutritional products safe for pregnant women?  I was interested in the vitamins and so forth.  I just signed up on Saturday and I still havent gotten my id or anything by email... hmmm.. gave the lady 20 bucks too..  anyway very interested.. in all products.. just need to know what I can use and what I can't.
by on Apr. 23, 2008 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
shakleemomof4
by on Apr. 23, 2008 at 2:24 PM
The nutritional products are safe, I used the Vita Lea and the soy protein shakes during my pregnancy. There are some products however that say not to use if pregnant or consult your doctor if you are pregnant. I think they are mostly the herbals. But I highly recommend the vita lea, the protein shakes or the Meal shakes and the calcium magnesium during pregnancy.
As far as the teas go, the only teas I know of are the ones in the Cinch program which is a weight loss program so I would tend to say no on the teas if that is what you are referring to. Let me know if there are any other questions I can help you with. I would contact your rep and ask what your ID is. Was the money handed over to someone you met personally?

Danielle
www.shaklee.net/mullins
teachenglish2
by on Apr. 23, 2008 at 4:09 PM
During pregnancy I opted to take Shaklee vitamins instead of prenatal ones. I went to a doctor who strongly believed in these vitamins. I was told no herbs (Alfalfa, Herb Lax, etc.) even during breastfeeding.

This is what I was told to take for each trimester:
1st:
2 B-complex
3-4 Omega Guard
2 Vita C
1 Vita E
1 Lethcin
1 Zinc
1 Calcium
3 TBLSPN of Soy Protein
2-3 Vita Lea with Iron
1 Cartomax
2nd:
Same as above except up the following:
Protein 3-6 TBLSPN
Omega Guard 6
Zinc 2
Cartomax 2
Calcium 2
Add---Optiflora as directed on the bottle
3rd:
Same as above again except up the following:
Omega 6-9
Protein 6-9 TBLSPN
4-6 Calcium
4 B Complex
3 Cartomax
3 Vita E

I found that adding extra B Complex (3 to 4 instead of 2) during my first trimester helped morning sickness, but make sure to drop it back down to the 2 tablets once it passes.

Also, when my son was born, the doctor said the placenta was the biggest she had ever seen. The doctor wouldn't let my husband cut the cord because it was so big and thick. That is a Shaklee placenta.

I am still checking on the teas. I think if I recall you could drink the pomegrante but not the green tea. Green tea of any kind is off limits for pregnant women because it can supposedly cause pre-term labor.

I think too, if you have any major questions, your distributor or even you should be able to go onto the Shaklee website and ask your questions. Shaklee Corp. will get back to you, I'll have to check this with my mom, who I am under to see if this is correct. Hope this helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)