Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new to group

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 2:24 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 405 Total Views
Hi, I'm Tammy and I am the proud mother of 6 great kids.  I have twin daughters Ashley & Nichole that will be turning 21 this summer (gulp), three sons Anthony 14,  Tommy 12, and  Dylan 6. My youngest is a little girl, Sophia,  that recently turned 4.  I love having a large family!  You don't have to leave home to find an adventure,  the kids are rarely bored, theres plenty of opprotunity to learn social skills, not to mention the endless supply of hugs and kisses.    I look forward to meeting others.
by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
proverbsmommy4
by Group Owner on Mar. 28, 2007 at 3:27 PM

I like that......"plenty of social opportunities."  We need more positive feedback like that.  So, do you homeschool?  Any tips?  Are you............organized (or try to be?)  LOL I LOVE www.largefamilylogistics.net It's a GREAT site!

supermom6
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2007 at 6:08 PM

No, I don't home school, although I would in a minute if I weren't happy with the schools my kids go to.  Organized? I would typically answer "no" because there is always room for improvement, but honestly yes I am. It's kind of a requirement when the kids out number you. LOL   One of my best tips to help organize the clutter is to have "cubes".  You can buy this system from almost anywhere walmart, home improvement stores, bed bath & beyond,etc. they cost under $25. They are square wire shelving that you can build in a variety of different sizes.  In the end you will have connecting cubes its up to you if they connect horizontally or vertically.   I have these systems in all of my kids closets and in our laundry room, which also serves as a "mud room".  In the laundry room each kid has their own cube to put their shoes & book-bags in, I also have coat hooks at kid level so they can hang their own coats/jackets up.  The cube system in their closet is a great way to hide & organize toys, diapers, shoes, overflow of clothes, whatever you need it for.   Another great tip is to keep a large bin, with the lid off, on the top shelf of your older kids closets. As they out grow clothes just toss them in the opened bin, when the bin gets full put on the lid, label and store it or move it straight into the younger siblings room for easy storage until that child fits into the clothes. 
I also came up with a way to avoid having to many toys. This is a huge issue for large families.  Several years ago I started a tradition that every year before Christmas each of my kids has to select at least 5 lightly used toys that they want to donate to the less fortunate.  This helps to clean out the toys we're no longer using and it's teaching my kids to be charitable. 
What kinds of things do you do that  help you make it through a busy day with lots of kids?

maybe8
by on Mar. 29, 2008 at 1:13 PM
Hi everybody.  I just joined the group last week.  My name is Tami and I also have 6 kids!  (kinda funny).  We have 3 boys and 3 girls ages 4 to 12.  I agree that there is never a dull moment around our home.  I can't imagine not having a houseful and hope to add a couple more. 

Schedules, chores and organization are important to making things flow in our home, but we have learned to be flexible as well so that we don't miss out on opportunities to learn and grow together as well as just have fun together. 

I really enjoy watching the kids interact together and play together.  They pretty much always have someone to play with or hang out with.  Other families quite often question why we'd want other kids to come over for playdates.  I just think "the more the merrier!"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)