Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Longing for another baby

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:06 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 161 Total Views

I have been doing alot of "soul searching" and really want another baby. (BAD) It started about 2 mos. ago, I started thinking how I really loved being pg and how wonderful it was (even though I was high risk both pg). Now first off let me say that I have went the infertility route w/both DS and before DD. DD was a complete surprise and we were told that IVF was the only way. After suffering years from infertility (and yes I say suffering because if you have ever TTC for years you know what I'm talking about) here I am w/this beautiful new baby and I am thankful, but I can't get having another baby out of my head. It's even become a prob w/DH and I. He only ever wanted two children. So I brought this up to him and he said no. So, I pretty much end up bringing it up everyday and he finally said that after my little girl is a year we can discuss it again. In my head agree, I really want to enjoy LO right now, BUT in my heart I yearn for another child. NOW! To be honest I really don't know where this came from. It's almost like a fear that I'll never have another one and that really makes my heart ache. Literally, I mean a pain in my chest daily.

Is this a mid-life crisis? Is it left over hormones from pg? I can't seem to quit lurking on the TTC boards. I've been there and have felt the heartache and pain. I also know the joy and elation of having the BFP and holding my LO's for the first time. Am I just being greedy? Is it fear pushing me? Am I alone in this? I'm constantly emotional.

So if you made it this far, thanks!!!!!! I'm totally lost. Not quite sure what to do

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mommaseyes
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 1:06 PM

rest assure there is nothing wrong with you and your no way being selfish. your a woman and a mother. it's in your heart to have kids. there has been women that get their tubes tied saying they will never have another one. saying they know for a fact they don't want anymore kids. but then when it's all said and done they start feeling bad because of the fact they did change their minds and want more kids. most the women in this world is always going to have the longing to have "just one more". and then after that one  they want "just one more". i strongly believe there is a reason for wanting more. i do believe it's one reason a woman was put here and that a woman will always want more babies. but that's my opinion and my beliefs which i'm sure is not the same as a lot of women here.

i no way think you are being selfish. i'm pregnant with my 5th child. i'm i thank the lord everyday that he is letting me have this wonderful baby. me and hubby was out looking today and pricing them so we can get the kids outside and play games and out from in front of the tv. which our tv will be cut off the first of the month. we don't watch it anyways. and what we do want to watch we can usually find full episodes on the internet. beside "17 kids and counting" i just lately started watching it and can't fine full episodes of it online. if youknow where any are let me know. sorry i'm rambling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)