Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anxiety Drugs

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:04 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 395 Total Views
I need a little advice from people who've been where I have. My little girl Kiara was born three months premature, she spent four months in the NICU two hours away from home. She still eats through a mickey-button/feeding tube, because she can on;y handle about hald an ounce a day orally. Over all things are looking up for Kiara's condition...

I on the other hand have been emotionally stressed, and worried about all the time I've taken off for Kiara's certian medical needs, I'm not able to make ends meet with my paychecks, just barely managing, but I'm still managing. Its put a lot of stress on me though. I've been getting upset more and more every day, and I usually end up breaking down about twice a week now, where everything gets to me, and I can't stop crying. It all just is so overwhelming for me at certian times that I can no longer handle it all. I freak out so to speak...

I've talked to my boyfriend about going to see a doctor, to see if I can get something for anxiety because I'm tired of yelling at him all the time and taking it out on him. But he got angry with me and said he doesn't want to see me hiding behind a pill...

I'm curious as to how many of you take something for anxiety, and if you don't, why did you make that choice? I need advice, its been over a year since Kiara was born, and I handled most of that very well, surprisingly well, I don't even know how I made it through that year without freaking out like I am now...
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
newmommym
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2007 at 1:12 AM
My daughter was also a preemie. She was a micro preemie. It was hard! All of the ups and downs...I get it. Trust me. As they get bigger it gets easier...I think. I just have to remind myself....I need to stop and take a deep breath sometimes. Look at all that I have to be Thankful for and remember whatever my situation....IT COULD BE WORSE!!!! As far as medication goes...I personally don't like taking any medication, but that's just me. I found that when I was freaking out if I just take a deep breath and pray or hug my baby I would be fine. I think it's normal to go through emotional trials. And I have God in my heart and HE is always there for me no matter what!
Hang in there girls! Your little girl is 2 cute and before you know it she'll be 3 going on 13 like mine!    :)
Melissa
lanegra2116
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2007 at 5:17 PM
Boy do I now How you feel.  As I've said before My first born was 22 weeks and 4 days, eyelids still sealed at birth was on the vent for a little over 3 months had to have a nisan fundoplacation with a g-tube then had an inteceseption.  She spent over 5 months in the hospital. I lost my job when I found out I was pregnant then her daddy lost his job a few months after she came home.  We were living on $603.00 a month and that was SSI for her and thank God for medicaid and foodstamps. 
I look back now and wonder how I didn't have a nervous breakdown.  But I guess I always thought to myself, " if something happens to me who will take care of my baby."  "She needs me".  I would just keep going. 
I will be honest, I never took any medication. But you do whatever you need to do to be able to function to raise your baby. Don't let anyone make you feel bad or any less.  It's very hard being the mommy of a preemie. It takes alot of hard work and it basically consumes your life.
Heck I Beleive the only reason I made it is because I've been a christian for a long time and my faith helped me through everyday.
But even now, 2  1/2 years later with a 31 week preemie who is now 6 months.  It's still not easy, but I just keep going foward.  Loving my girls and doing all I can to make sure they're ok.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)