Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ROP

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:39 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 337 Total Views
Hey Everyone! My little one was born at 24 weeks and he is now 11 weeks old. (still in the NICU) Anyhow, a few weeks ago he got checked for ROP and every week things were good. Then all of a sudden it progressed really fast to stage 2, and then within 4 days it was at stage 3. He is going to have Surgery tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone has been where we've been and how everything went. thanks !
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lanegra2116
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2007 at 4:51 PM
Hi I'm Jessica and My first child wasborn at 22 weeks 4 days. She got all the way to a stage 3 also but then began to regress. Thank God it regressed all the way and never needed surgery. But I met many moms in the NICU who's babies did have the surgery and all went well. And now 2 years later they see just fine.
twingirlsmom941
by on Aug. 20, 2007 at 7:27 PM
I know this is a little late, but I just joined this group today.  I have identical twins one of which had ROP.  She has had three surgeries on her eyes, and has to wear glasses.  She has nistagmis (Sp?) (rapid eye movement), but seems to be improving all of the time.  I know that she can see because she goes after toys all of the time.   My girls are now a year old, but were born at 27 weeks.  It was pretty scary, but it does get easier.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or just need to talk. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)