Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Carseats.

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2010 at 11:54 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 341 Total Views

There are way to many car seats out there on the market that I just can not make my mind up.  I have been eyeing the Graco Nautilus, but I am still so unsure.

I am looking for a new carseat for both of them for our car that we will be buying...  to save gas instead of driving the truck all of the time. The car will be mainly for in town driving, not long trips.
Its a 2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe that we are getting.  I also have a 2003 Avalanch.

Ian is sitting in a Evenflo Chase DLX Booster - I am not a fan of the seat.
Landon is still in his Evenflo Triumph - I love the seat itself but no matter what we try or what we do the seat just dos not seem to work in the truck.  I am not sure what is wrong with it - I am not no car seat junkie, but I can not seem to figure out what is wrong. 
So in all I would love to replace the car seats in the truck also.

I mainly need the new car seats for the car, but replacing the seats in the truck would also be nice.

I do not want to spend more then 180ish a seat for the main seats, and would like to know of a cheaper seat that I could get the boys for our back up...  to replace the ones they curantly have.

Here is the boys info...  I just figured it all out.
Landon - almost 17 months old.  33.6LBS
He is 32 inches tall...  When sitting from the ground to top of his head he is 20 inches. From the ground (butt) to the top of his shoulders is 13.5 inches.
Ian - turned 3 in January. 39.6LBS
He he is 38 inches tall...  When sitting from the ground to top of his hed he is 25 inches. From the ground (butt) to the top of his shoulders is 16 inches.

~*~
HaNNaH~*~

by on Mar. 13, 2010 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
carseatmama
by Member on Jan. 4, 2011 at 11:30 PM

For Ian - 

The Evenflo Maestro is only $80 and harnesses to 50 lbs.  The top slots measure at 18" so he should have 2" of growing room and 12 pounds before you have to convert it to booster mode.  It makes one of the better boosters on the market.  

The Graco Nautilus is about $180 and harnesses to 65 lbs.  The top slots measure 18.5" without the padding.  It does not make a great booster, but it isn't the worst booster either.

The Britax Frontier 85 is about $280 and harnesses to 85  lbs.  The top slots measure 19.5".  It makes an incredible booster seat.

If it were MY child, I would buy the Britax Frontier 85 for the main vehicle and the Evenflo Maestro or the Graco Nautilus for the extra car (depending on how long you want to harness him)

For Landon -

Assuming you are planning to RF him as long as possible.....

The Safety 1st Complete Air RF to 40 lbs and FF to 65 lbs. with the tallest shell and deepest center of gravity to provide the most growing room possible.  It runs about $200

The Graco My Ride 65 RF to 40 lbs and FF to 65 lbs.  It is a little bit shorter than the Complete Air, but it would still give him a ton of growing room.  It runs $130-$150.

Compass True Fit RF to 35 lbs. and FF to 65 lbs.  It runs about $120

Cosco Scenera RF to 35 lbs and FF to 40 lbs.  Runs about $50 

mlamiller
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Quoting carseatmama:

For Ian - 

The Evenflo Maestro is only $80 and harnesses to 50 lbs.  The top slots measure at 18" so he should have 2" of growing room and 12 pounds before you have to convert it to booster mode.  It makes one of the better boosters on the market.  

The Graco Nautilus is about $180 and harnesses to 65 lbs.  The top slots measure 18.5" without the padding.  It does not make a great booster, but it isn't the worst booster either.

The Britax Frontier 85 is about $280 and harnesses to 85  lbs.  The top slots measure 19.5".  It makes an incredible booster seat.

If it were MY child, I would buy the Britax Frontier 85 for the main vehicle and the Evenflo Maestro or the Graco Nautilus for the extra car (depending on how long you want to harness him)

For Landon -

The Safety 1st Complete Air RF to 40 lbs and FF to 65 lbs. with the tallest shell and deepest center of gravity to provide the most growing room possible.  It runs about $200

The Graco My Ride 65 RF to 40 lbs and FF to 65 lbs.  It is a little bit shorter than the Complete Air, but it would still give him a ton of growing room.  It runs $130-$150.

What makes the Nautilus not a great booster?

I keep hearing that but no one has elaborated 

Mommy to Aaron Michael 05.23.07 and Colton Calvin 11.30.10

bookjunkie1214
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:06 AM

the lap  poriton sits too high on some kids. instea dof landing on the thighs it is more on their stomach which is why my daughter is in a dedicated booster not istead of her gn

Quoting mlamiller:

Quoting carseatmama:

For Ian - 

For Landon -

What makes the Nautilus not a great booster?

I keep hearing that but no one has elaborated 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN