Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone familiar with the Combi Coccoro car seat?

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2010 at 6:26 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 921 Total Views

We are in the process of researching for a new car seat for our now 5 month old.  We probably won't take her out of her infant seat for a few more months, but want to make sure I've taken the time to find the correct convertible car seat for her.  We already have one child forward facing located behind the driver's seat in both vehicles and the infant seat is behind the passenger.  Our current seats cannot be installed properly next to each other and we are both tall, so that is our only option for configurations.

In my search I came across the Combi Coccoro and its advertised as being able to fit 3 side-by-side both forward and rear-facing in small vehicles (Prius specifically and a Honda fit).  We plan to rear-face our daughter until she's outside the rear-facing limits for whatever seat we choose.

Unfortunately I can't find any place that sells these in-store so I can actually look at the floor model and possibly try installing into our car.  A lot of places sell them on-line though.  Does anyone have experience with this seat?  Does it fit rear-facing behind the front-seats and still able to comfortably sit in the front seat?

Thank you.

by on Jun. 8, 2010 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lbluv20
by New Member on Jun. 8, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I have not had experience with this carseat, but i have had experience with the britax convertable seat, and it its relatively small compared to other convertables and is considered one of the safest.. Could that be an option? or would it still be to big?

recorb
by on Jun. 9, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Thanks for the suggestion.  But from what I've seen the Britax seats are still too big.  Which model do you have?  

The problem is if we install a rear-facing behind the passenger seat there's hardly any room for someone in that seat and since our entire back seat is taken up with large car seats we need 2 usable front seats.

Lbluv20
by New Member on Jun. 10, 2010 at 10:23 PM

I understand, i just think it will be very difficult because the reason it makes the front seat so uncomfortable is because of the angle the seat has to be at for the best safety use of the seat. A smaller seat, i would imagine, would mean the less time youd be able to use it. It makes it hard, we had a mustang before my son was born, and the carseat just wouldnt fit the way it was supposed to under the safety instructions, so we had to get a new vehicle.  Good luck in your search!! i hope you can find some info on the seat your interested in. I love combi strollers! lol i had two, and they are great space savers. the brand seems quality and well made.

recorb
by on Jun. 11, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I'm not too concerned about the lower height/ weight limits, as right now even my 2 1/2 year old still fits in this seat (according to online specs) with plenty of room to grow.  So I'm thinking this seat will get me through for a while and then I can switch baby to a forward-facing harnessed high back booster instead of a convertible when she outgrows it.  It's looking like i'll just have to order it and try it out.  I've found Target and Babies R Us carry it on-line with free shipping and I can return in-store if it doesn't fit baby/car correctly.

carseatmama
by Member on Jan. 4, 2011 at 11:04 PM

You might go to the store and try some seats before you decide to buy the Coccoro.  It is a VERY short seat.  Since you are not using it for a newborn you could install a RF convertible at about a 35 degree angle.  That would give you a bit more room in the front seat.

Don't be deterred by measurements you read on the internet.  It really is best to go try them in your car.  Every seat fits a bit differently in each vehicle, so you may find a perfect fit with the seat you least expect.

I would avoid Evenflo seats since they cannot touch the vehicle seat in front of them.  You might try the following seats:

True Fit (you can remove the headrest on this seat until your child weighs 22 pounds or has less than 1" of car seat above their head)

The newer Britax 70 seats...they have a lower center of gravity and shorter profile than the original Britax convertibles

The Complete Air

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)