Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any opinions on the new radian xt SL?

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2011 at 12:40 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 312 Total Views

so the new radian is set to come out or already has and i was wondering if anyone has any inside opinopns or info on them. i also found out that sunshine kids got bought by another company, so maybe they are dealing with the fraying straps broken parts issue mentioned in another post.  we were considering getting it.

by on Dec. 24, 2011 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lovinlogan
by Member on Dec. 24, 2011 at 12:56 PM

ok been looking around and i see the SL one is disconintued and the rxt is the newest one....the rxt i suppose is the one we are looking at then.

MyIslandGirls
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I have a Sunshine Kids XT... And It's now called Diono Radian RXT

I have people on both sides of the issue.  Saying they either LOVE the Radian or they would never put thier child in that death trap.

I'm trying to find the truth about this seat because I have one... and I'm wanting to get another one.. but if it's not all that it says it is... then I'm not sure any more.

I love The Radian XT that i have... We did have the fraying issue but only with the crotch protector... so we just took that off. It doesn't interfer with the safety of the seat.

I'd love to see crash test results on my car seat (like the video) because people are saying that because the seat belt whole it is threaded through to secure it to the car is too low it's a danger.  the thing is HEAVY 24 lbs on it's own so i wonder what it would do in a crash test.

I just want the truth.. you know?  I spent a good deal of money for this car seat... i want what i paid for.

lovinlogan
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 4:06 PM
i find that interesting that people say the belt path is too low for safety. i would think that something of that nature would have been carefully planned out and of course tested. i wonder what credit the people who say it is dangerous have. like are they a carseat expert or just a parent dissatisfied with their purchase and now trash talk the seat. so. it has been a while any new updates or comments on this matter?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)