Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

looking 4 a foldable convertible carseat

Posted by on May. 18, 2009 at 1:45 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 451 Total Views

so im looking into a foldable seat. i dont know if anyone has experience with one but i need one because i would have to carry it around with me seeing as i dont have a car of my own. those bulky seats are not for me. i saw one although a bit pricey. anyone know about the Radian 80 by Sunshine Kids($249)? If you know of any others feel free to suggest them.

http://www.carseatdepot.com/moreinfo.php?SKU=2100

http://www.hipmonkey.com/Sunshine-Kids-Radian-80-Car-Seat_p_13.html

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
by on May. 18, 2009 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jwaren
by on May. 18, 2009 at 9:52 AM

What about the RAdian 65? The shell is basically the same, only it holds up to 65 lbs vs the 80lbs of the RAdian 80. The harness heights are basically the same, so unless you have a super chunky child, they won't make it to 65 lbs before outgrowing the harness.

The Radian 65's are a bit cheaper, at 219. But I hear really good things about radians and wish I would have gotten it for my 3 year old instead of the NAutilus.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

IMAMOM2-2KIDS
by on Mar. 23, 2010 at 4:54 AM

Hve you looked into the Safety 1st Go Hybrid? I just bought one but have not received it yet. Itis on sale for $185 at amazon. It is only forward faceing and you have to use the Top tether strap!

Momy2beAUG.2009
by on Mar. 23, 2010 at 11:44 AM

ok, so i recently purchased the radian 80 carseat and though it was really nicely made.  It didnt feel cheap at all to me.  So went to try and put it in my car and it doesnt fit rear facing at all.  You would need a pretty large car to fit it rear facing.  Also for carrying it around it was really heavy so I dont know if you would want to do that.  So long story short I had to return it.  Made me so sad.

carseatmama
by Member on Jan. 4, 2011 at 11:08 PM

The Radians are super heavy.  Even though they fold, they are not super portable.  They also have a lot of issues with harnesses fraying/parts breaking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)