Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP ME! I THINK I MADE A MISTAKE!

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:26 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 326 Total Views

My husband and I went out and bought 3 eddie bauer carseats (deluxe 3 in 1) from BJ's  for our 9 month old son. It took me over 3 hours to get one installed in his Xterra. I put one in my sentra and it leans up too much even with a towel under the base (as the directions instructed).  His head flops forward. Is this normal? Is it the carseat??? Should we return them. We need three for my mother and our two cars.Has anyone else ever had this problem???  Thanks!

mommy
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DeputyWifeJen
by Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Yes, I hate to tell you but the Eddie Bauers 3 in 1's are not a great seat. They don't install well, kids don't seem to be as comfortable in them, and they are short from what I've heard, so they AREN'T the "only seat you will ever need". You will find most of the gals around here will recommend three seats: Compass True Fit, Evenflo Triumph Advanced or Graco MyRide or of course any of the Britax seats are top notch if in your budget. Keep the questions coming, everyone love to help around here :)

Wife to Brian since 11-27-04, Mommy to Will since 6-28-07

CarSeatJunkie
by Group Owner on Jun. 22, 2009 at 3:56 PM

if this is a seat that you love (which I have no problem with this seat RFing, but FFing and the booster mode?  yuck!!).  If you take the big base off of the seat (flipped it over and there is a silver 'pin' that you can remove and take the base off.  Then you will need pool noodles or a tightly rolled, old towel in the bight of the seat to obtain the best angle for your child.

Honestly, these seats tend to be more work to install then if you were to spend a bit more to get a better seat :)

Melissa, CPST-I   Remember, there are no second chances in automobile crashes. Your children rely on YOU to help keep them safe. Have carseat questions? http://www.cafemom.com/group/34362/     http://www.cafemom.com/group/5739/
Need help locating a carseat technician in your area?  Click here to find one!
https://ssl13.cyzap.net/dzapps/dbzap.bin/apps/assess/Webmembers/tool?pToolCode=TAB9&pCategory1=TAB9_CERTSEARCH&Webid=SAFEKIDSCERTSQL

Destiny1403
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 2:19 PM

So you dont put the noodles under the base? You actually have to take it off?

Quoting CarSeatJunkie:

if this is a seat that you love (which I have no problem with this seat RFing, but FFing and the booster mode?  yuck!!).  If you take the big base off of the seat (flipped it over and there is a silver 'pin' that you can remove and take the base off.  Then you will need pool noodles or a tightly rolled, old towel in the bight of the seat to obtain the best angle for your child.

Honestly, these seats tend to be more work to install then if you were to spend a bit more to get a better seat :)

mommy
cherrypie9377
by Member on Jun. 26, 2009 at 5:24 AM

yes.  you can use up to 3 pool noodles in a pyramid to get the right recline for your son.  personally i have 2 of these seats and they are my least favorite and if you can i would exchange them for something else.  The Evenflo Triumph Advance, Roundabout50, Graco Myride65 and TrueFit are great convertibles w/ heigher FF limits (50, 50, 65, 65) about the same prices as the 3 in 1's

Quoting Destiny1403:

So you dont put the noodles under the base? You actually have to take it off?

Quoting CarSeatJunkie:

Liz0808
by on Sep. 19, 2009 at 3:28 AM

i have the true fit and LOVE it! I bought it about a month ago for 146 on amazon. you can look here http://www.babycarseats.com/asp/superbrowse.asp?clid=435&caid=&sku=COM1068&refid=PG238-COM1068    This was the best price i could find now. Amazon went up to 150 no tax/shipping. I haven't heard many good things about 3 in 1 seats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)