Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

backless booster seats and mvcs

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 137 Total Views

What have been your experiences with mvcs and kids in backless booster seats?

It seems like everyone considers them safe, but when I was working, every accident I worked with kids in backless boosters were horrible - it seemed like they never did any good. I worked one wreck with a 4 yo in a backless booster and the booster had slid out from under her (and it had been buckled in correctly) and pulled her under the seat belt with it - which choked her and then threw her into the seat in front of her and caused serious trauma to her abdomen. She was able to talk to me and describe what happened, but she was pretty badly hurt. How big do you think kids should be before using a backless booster? I just don't feel like they're safe and was wondering if others in EMS have had similar experiences or if you've seen them do a good job.

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Ladybugemt
by Group Owner on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM
I have not had any experience with this yet but I for sure will not let dd have one. SS 6 still uses a backed one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BusyB4thm
by Head Admin on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:27 AM

ive never had to encounter this thankfully... i personally dont like them though i feel they are unsafe and this just proves my feelings more to me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)