Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband's new female partner!!!

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 2:58 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 367 Total Views

My husband has this new EMT and I cant help but feel that they are getting a little to close for my comfort. We work on the same shift in the same station but we are not partners. She certainly acts like she really likes him but she is trying to buddy up to me. She talks aout him like he is sooo awesome and it bothers me. It's like a sick intuition that wont leave me alone. She is much older that us, she even has a grandchild, but she acts and tries to look young. She is fun and feisty and I would like her  pretty good but I cant help this funny feeling in my bones. Anyone else had Hubie partner problems?

by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
renabsmith
by Member on Nov. 22, 2008 at 10:09 PM

I have not had this problem, but I do believe in going with your gut feeling. I believe that feeling is there for a reason. I have had many gut feelings that I should have listened to and didn't. Boy did I regret those.

wranglergirl9
by Member on Nov. 24, 2008 at 12:09 PM

I have had some issues I am a FF/EMT and so is my SO he has had women partners in the past that I have felt the same way about! Go with your gut instinct, I atleast know that my SO wasn't at all interested in the other person thank god he would be hit over the side of the head lol, but no i trust him and know he doesn't want anyone else but that girl, uh uh it was dealt with! I say go with the gut instinct!!!  Good luck let us know what happens we are here for you! ~Hugs~

~Debbie~

medicmamap8226
by New Member on Nov. 24, 2008 at 9:44 PM

I've been a ff/paramedic for 13 years and have never had this problem before. He swears that he isnt at all interested and I know that he loves me but I cant say that it dosnt still bother me. I hate it when girls come into this field and give us a bad name by becoming the station whore. Pisses me off! Thanks for letting me vent.

BusyB4thm
by Head Admin on Nov. 25, 2008 at 6:46 AM

I had a male partner and my b/f (at the time) and his g/f had the same feelings but when you work with someone you know how it is you get close.....i wouldnt worry about it, that feeling will go away its still new... good luck

Red1220
by New Member on Nov. 29, 2008 at 8:56 AM

My bf is really close with the ONE female firefighter they have in the town he works, I don't worry about it BUT she is married, and would NEVER mess with a FF that worked in the town she is at. She is one of the good ones : ) I can understand though, sometimes I get a lil eck too. Just try to feel it out mama. If you keep the feeeling talk to him. Hopefully she is not one of the piss poor ones that gives us a bad name. Hang in there

EMTmom119
by Member on Dec. 1, 2008 at 4:11 PM

Go with your gut feeling! Trust Me I was in the same situation with my DH and turns out that as soon as I turned my back she was tryin stuff. Thankfully my DH never did anything. But he wasnt the only one she tried it with. They try to get close to you so that you wont suspect them. To gain your trust.  She almost ruined my marraige.

Mommy_Foster
by on Dec. 9, 2008 at 6:58 PM

They say that 2/3 of relationships withing EMS ultimately end in Divorce.... I think because of the long hours and the "work wife" / "work husband" situation. My hubby and I are on our way out of EMS!! ( at least professionally.... going to nursing school soon and then will just run on - call  on a smaller service) My advice if you are worried about it is get him out of EMS... there will always be another one after this one....

Trusting you hubby would be a key thing as well. Do you trust him??

Photobucket
kyfiregirl
by on Dec. 9, 2008 at 7:00 PM

you should address your concerns by talking to her, your husbands partner is not of your choice but you can help keep things defused by keeping you feelings open and honest! if it becomes a problem in can be taken through the chain of command and changed! good luck! trust yourself and your feelings!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)