Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just Me!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:21 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 206 Total Views

My name is Melissa (I go by Mell).  I am a mom of two (almost 12, 9).  My mom tried to teach me to crochet when I was much younger but I don't learn well that way so it didn't click, but when I was put on bedrest with my first, I got an old Learn to Crochet book she had and taught myself.  My first projects: a bonnet, booties, sacque and afghan for my soon to be daughter.  Over the years I have continued and have started calling it my therapy.  When I need to vent or relax I can let it all out through my hands when I crochet. 

My daughter (12) has learned how to crochet and enjoys it...now my son (9) wants to learn  how.  I feel extremely blessed to have this talent and use it as often as I can to make things to bless others. 

At present, I am working on Christmas presents...Finished a Camo sock monkey for son and working on one for my daughter (not camo).  I am also a knitter and on my needles is a prayer shawl for my aunt who has cancer...

Okay.  If you couldn't tell it's a passion I have...so I will post and talk more later :)

Mell

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
sizzlingtriumph
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Welcome to the Group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)