Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to group and crochet!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:50 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 230 Total Views

I have always wanted to crochet but don't really have anyone to teach me. So to good ol' you tube I went and I LOVE it! I've started making stuff for my kids, in laws... hubbie and now that other guys have seen my DH's beanies they want one too! It's soooooo relaxing and gratifying to see something you made make someone else happy. I look forward to getting tips and tricks and sharing the fun of a craft well doneknittingThis was the closest I could find to crochet

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MysticWind
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Hi And Welcome, Im a little new to this group too. But have been crocheting since I was in grade school.

LSchaeffer
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Thanks, that is cool that you've been at it that long it is pretty excitng to be finishing projects that people can wear...my kids are really sweet and always willing models :)

Quoting MysticWind:

Hi And Welcome, Im a little new to this group too. But have been crocheting since I was in grade school.

MysticWind
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Willing models Hmmmm that too shall change with age. Nowdays I crochet with 100% natural Fiber yarns and thread. I prefer thread over yarn. I dont like the feel of Senthetics.

dhea
by on Feb. 8, 2010 at 12:36 AM

My name is Dhea , I always want to learn how to crochet too and finally I did it cihuy thanks to internet , you tube and ehow about a month ago.

LSchaeffer
by on Feb. 11, 2010 at 2:10 PM
dhea
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Quoting LSchaeffer:

I love YOUTUBE! It has helped sooooo much in showing and explaining things that the books just didn't accurately show me...have you seen this lady's stuff? She's got a huge library of projects with videos and full instructions! hmmm I tried to add the link but here's the addi incase I messed up
www.youtube.com/user/tjw1963

Quoting dhea:

My name is Dhea , I always want to learn how to crochet too and finally I did it cihuy thanks to internet , you tube and ehow about a month ago.

I definitely learning so much from her she is awesome teacher.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)