Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello Everyone

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2011 at 6:14 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 155 Total Views

Hello Everyone!

I'm Tonya (25), I am a very proud Army Wife and SAHM.  I am happily married to the love of my life, Daniel (30) who is currently on his 4th deployment, and we have a daughter, Faith (6) who is our pride and joy!

I am new to Crocheting, I have never crocheted a day in my life and so far it seems rather difficult, but I'm determined to figure it out because once I learn how I would like to start making different things like a blanket, afghan, shawl, etc....I bought myself the "I Taught Myself to Crochet" kit from Michael's Craft Store and the directions seem pretty difficult to understand, but as I said I'm determined to figure it out and learn to crochet.

If anyone has any helpful tips/suggestions or know what tutorials I could use to teach myself how to crochet I would be greatly appreciated!  I am hoping to learn some "tricks of the trade" and hope to make some new wonderful friends along the way!  If there is anything you'd like to know about me, please feel free to ask!

I look forward to meeting everyone!

by on Mar. 27, 2011 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JennaFoix
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:58 PM

I just youtubed  'how to crochet' and thats how i learned. I cant read a pattern STILL for the life of me be I can see how to do it and Ive got it.

I watch alot of her videos and Have learned alot from them maybe a video will be easier that in writting for you. It takes some time to GET what shes doing but I would just re wind and re play over and over until i could figure it out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tjw1963

JennaFoix
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Btw welcome to the group. I am Jenna and have a 6 yr old daughter as well. I am also a Sahm and an army wife. I am 26 my hubby is 29 and we also have a 1 yr old son.

Holtswife24
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Thanks I'll check out those videos on youtube and hopefully I can get the hang of crocheting!  Thanks for the welcome!

luckypenny720
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:27 PM
in my opinion...throw the book away and youtube it! sooo much easier to watch than read about it until you KNOW what you are doing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comet9443
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:26 AM

I agree that crochet is something far easier to learn by watching someone. If you don't know anyone IRL that crochets and can help you, the youtube videos are the next best thing. :)

Holtswife24
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Thanks ladies, this book is now considered gone.  I think I will stick to watching videos on youtube.

My aunt tried to teach me to crochet, but while she was teaching me my uncle kept talking and was trying to have a conversation while I was trying to listen to what she was saying.....they were both talking at the same time and I just couldn't concentrate on what my aunt was telling me, so I'll definiately stick to watching the youtube videos for sure!

JennaFoix
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:53 AM

well thats good to hear I hope you are able to pick it up and start crocheting away. I  think that same book is what I bought, the thing it was good for was MINE came with like six different crochet hooks, two threeding needles, and the 'round markers' :) all neccesitys (sp?) in crocheting I think. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)