Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hi new here

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:32 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 146 Total Views
Hello, I'm Carol. I'm a 23 year old sahm to two little boys ages 20 months and 8 months. I've been crocheting for about two years now and mostly make dishcloths and hot pads. I've been working on a new afghan for my oldest since the one I made him when I first started crocheting is falling apart. I also made the baby his first afghan which he is outgrowing rapidly. I'm looking forward to getting to know you ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
LoriBMom03
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Hello and Welcome to the group!  I'm Lori.  I'm 42 and a sahm to two elementary school kids - Rachel, 8 yrs & 3rd grade and Benjamin, 7 yrs & 2nd grade.  I've been crocheting for about 12 years now.  When I first started out crocheting, I just did washcloths (they were very mishapen).  When I had Rachel, I was too insecure about my crocheting skills to try an afghan.  Finally about 5 years ago, my niece graduated from high school and I tackled my first aghan.  It was my own variation of a pattern my MIL taught me and it turned out great.  I've not looked back since!  Now I'm even starting to crochet little toys...and a few years ago, I made my daughter an Easter dress which turned out so cute!  

Anyway, I'd love to see pics of the afghan you're making.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)