Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Basketweave (Method 1)

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2008 at 9:20 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 210 Total Views

There are a lot of different ways to make basketweave patterns but I am first gonna show you how to make an easy one.

This is done on a sample scale. You can make it wider if you want to make a blanket but for demonstration purposes I am showing you a narrow version. With the narrow version you can turn it into a dishcloth or perhaps keep going  and make it long for a scarf and maybe add some tassles to  it.

If you do not know how to make a front post double crochet or a back post double crochet , please refer to the previous lesson.

Step 1: Ch 19 , sc in the 2nd ch from hook ,then sc in each chain across. (you should have 18 single crochets)

Step 2: ch 2 ; turn , dc in each sc across

Step 3: ch 2 ; turn , FPdc in the next available stitch , FPdc in the next 3 dc , BPdc in next 4 dc , FPdc in the next 4 dc , BPdc in the next 4 dc ,then dc in the last dc.

Step 4: ch 2 ; turn , BPdc in the next available stitch , BPdc in the next 3 dc , FPdc in next 4 dc , BPdc in the next 4 dc , FPdc in the next 4 dc ,then dc in the last dc.

Step 5: Repeat steps 3 and 4 to reach desired length.

Step 6: (last row) ch1 ; sc in each stitch across.

finish off and weave in ends

by on Aug. 11, 2008 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Prisma
by on Sep. 2, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Thank you! I got the hang of it! i used some scrap yarn, black of all colors, but I got it. It is hard to see the pattern with the balck bulky yarn so I am not posting a picture. When can we start the Method 2 lesson?

I think  I want use this for my dish cloths.

crazysocks830
by on Sep. 2, 2008 at 4:23 PM
I'm quite sure that I'm going to make a dishcloth with that stitch... it looks very nice! Thanks for the lesson!
lalisweet1
by on Sep. 5, 2008 at 5:40 PM

lmaooooooooooo........

first try... screw it! rip it out again......

second try.... YAY!!!!

ONWARD!!!!!!

*giggles*

Mindy82671
by on Sep. 6, 2008 at 10:38 AM

Way cool!! Thanks for teaching me a new technique. This group rocks!

Newfy
by on Sep. 6, 2008 at 5:45 PM

Thank you for taking the time to video the lesson. Visual learners, like myself, really expand our talents by watching the kind of work that you did here.

ShellBell334
by on Sep. 8, 2008 at 6:07 PM

You all are very welcome! I know many people are visual learners and that is why I like posting vids with the lessons along with pics and the patterns. I feel it helps everyone understand it more ;)

Thank you :)

Prisma
by on Sep. 8, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Quoting ShellBell334:

You all are very welcome! I know many people are visual learners and that is why I like posting vids with the lessons along with pics and the patterns. I feel it helps everyone understand it more ;)

Thank you :)

I like the videos as well I am a visual learner too, but working on reading the patterns.

Thanks again Shell!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)