Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hatred for Weaving-in !!

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 11:05 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 316 Total Views

Poll

Question: I prefer to handle weaving-in by:

Options:

doing it as I go

doing it all after a project is complete

I dont weave them in!

burning them!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

I am weaving -in ends on 28 pairs of squares for a Fall Swap, and I am just   T R U D G I N G along with it; it's boring,  it's tedious, it's NONsatisfying (unlike creating the item)---who else hates this????!!!   Grrrrrrrstick out tongue mini

by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
crazysocks830
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 2:33 AM
I hate it too! I hate having to get up to locate my needle & scissors.... ugh

No Drama... No Preaching... Just HONEST MOMS!  Join us!!

Got Kids?  Got Dogs?  Love Both?  Join KIDS & DOGS!

CRBarclay
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 7:27 AM

I HATE weaving in the endsI usually weave as I go if there are a lot of color changes, otherwise I wait unitl the end. 

DeannaScraps
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 7:28 AM

It is definitely not my favorite thing to do, but what are ya gonna do? lol If I have a lot of weaving to do I save it for a 'non-thinking' activity when I'm watching tv. lol

angelica_rose
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 7:58 AM

I absolutely HATE weaving in ends!!!

I try to work over my ends as I'm going along, but there is always at least one end to weave in....

As for changing colors..... The "Russian Join" is a LIFE SAVER:

http://www.geocities.com/mama_bear_007/Russian_Join.html

-Angelica

DrmgAngel
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 8:24 AM

I hate doing it but I try to do it as I go. But it depends on how I feel sometimes I wait til finished.

crochet_mommy
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 9:46 AM

i absoultely hate weaving in the ends. i try to do it as i crochet along, but usually i dont. i had to weave ends on the big superman logo blanket for about 150 rows with 4-10 color change on each row. it took 3-4 hours for 3 days to just weave in the ends. on the second one i did, i carried the black and the red when i could. that saved me lots of time and tedious work.

hazel in south ga.

beastmaster
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 12:50 PM

I hate weaving the ends.  I bought a huge granny square afghan at a yard sale for a dollar and quess what.....she didnt weave in the ends either! LOL  I have be meaning to do it but I dont want to!  I have had the afghan for a year now and I just live with the little strands!

As for this post Angelica......that is a neat link!!  I am going to try that it looks like it would be so easy and hold up better and you dont have the ends to weave in.  It looks so smooth too!

I am going to try that Thanks for posting that link!!!

Quoting angelica_rose:

I absolutely HATE weaving in ends!!!

I try to work over my ends as I'm going along, but there is always at least one end to weave in....

As for changing colors..... The "Russian Join" is a LIFE SAVER:

https://www.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/sbotfvqdux/spqr/p1/mama_bear_007/Russian_Join.html

-Angelica

Prisma
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 9:17 PM

I hate it and weave as I go, or they may never get done. LOL!

sizzlingtriumph
by on Oct. 18, 2008 at 12:28 AM

My thing is when I am working on an afghan I  do the weaving in on the boarder, since most of my color changes are on one side of the  afghan it works out well. Otherwise I don't do a good job of w eaving in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN