Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Magic Yarn Ball Swap Details

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2009 at 1:57 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 500 Total Views

Welcome to CrochetingMoms first ever Magic Yarn Ball Swap

First make sure you have read and signed the main swap rules and guidelines.  This swap will begin  immediately after we pair you up with someone else in the swap ,and will end on September 5th. All packages must be sent out by this date or at least a notice sent to one of the leaders in the group explaining why it will not arrive on time. Communication is key here. Those of you that have not swapped with us before or have only done 2 swaps with us  ,please get delivery confirmation when you send out your package and send the confirmation number for the package to one of the leaders.* The confirmation is the realllly long number located on the side of the confirmation slip.*  The rest of you know the drill :)

Swap details

1)Sign up begins today July 31

2)last day to sign up will be August 15

3)Yarn ball must be made from one or 2 skeins of yarn ,preferably 8 oz.    ((((get as close to 7 ounces of yarn as you can. It does not have to be an exact amount.)))) EDITED

4)Pay attention to your partners questionairre. Keep the persons interests and preferences in mind when you select the yarn and any trinkets that you would like to purchase for them.

5) Have LOADS of fun hiding all the trinkets and goodies inside the yarn as you roll it up!!!

6) Mail out your package by September 5th!!! And make sure that you get delivery confirmation if you have never swapped or have only done 2 swaps with us before.

7) Eagerly wait for your package to arrive :-)

How this will work is each of you that want to participate will fill out a questionaire. We will pair you up with one other person. You will look over your partners questionairre and go buy them things that you believe they would be interested in having. You can include little surprises as well. You can start rolling up your ball of yarn around a bouncy ball to start as a base or nothing at all ,or use one of the trinkets that you purchased for the center. As you roll the ball up add more trinkets here and there. Once you recieve your ball of yarn ,find a project you would like to make out of the yarn you recieved. As you create your masterpiece ,you will find the  little hidden treasures that your partner has so thoughtfully picked out for you. BTW no CHEATING ,and I mean no unwinding the ball to find all the trinkets first. They should be a surprise to you AS you crochet your masterpiece.

If interested in this swap ,please sign up on the Magic Yarn Ball Swap sign up post  and theeeen........

copy the questionairre below  ,go to your cafemom mail  ,click on compose ,paste it in a message ,answer the questions , and send it to Prisma or ShellBell334.

If you have any question refering to this swap ,please feel free to ask below in the comments section.

Magic Yarn Ball Swap Questionairre

CafeMom Sign Name:

Name:

Address:

Email Address:

Pick a THEME you would like to receive: Beach , Country , Sports Team , or SURPRISE!!. If you choose Sports Team ,please specify what team and what sport it is please.

Colors you would HATE to receive:

Any hooks that you do NOT have and would like:

Favorite perfume or fragrance: If you are allergic to perfume please state that you are allergic.

Are you allergic to any type of yarn( for example Wool)?

Favorite flowers:

Any hobbies or crafts other than crochet:

Favorite things or collectibles:

Are you diabetic?

NOTE: Your email address will ONLY be used if we have FAILED attempts at contacting you through cafemom if there is a problem with a package or if your partner drops out.  So PLEASE check in often. Thank you!

*DO NOT post the answers to your questionairre in the comments section ,send them to Prisma or myself (ShellBell334) as specified above.

by on Jul. 31, 2009 at 1:57 PM
Replies (1-10):
hms1223
by on Aug. 1, 2009 at 4:00 PM

This sounds terrific!  Is there an amount limit or minimum for the cost of yarn and trinkets?

Thanks a bunch!

ShellBell334
by on Aug. 1, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Very good question that I have been debating over myself. 

Maybe I need to do a poll :|

Quoting hms1223:

This sounds terrific!  Is there an amount limit or minimum for the cost of yarn and trinkets?

Thanks a bunch!

Prisma
by on Aug. 1, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Quoting ShellBell334:

Quoting hms1223:

Thanks a bunch!

A poll sounds great Shell!

ShellBell334
by on Aug. 1, 2009 at 9:01 PM

OK ,coming right UP!!!! LOL

Quoting Prisma:

Quoting ShellBell334:

Quoting hms1223:

Thanks a bunch!

A poll sounds great Shell!

unicorn siggy

teacuplady7
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 5:03 PM

When do we get the information about our swap person?

sizzlingtriumph
by on Aug. 4, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I just wanted to say if you need information about your partner for the swap you can check out this post:

What's your faves?

by ShellBell334 Dec. 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Alot of us put information out there.

Prisma
by on Aug. 4, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Quoting teacuplady7:

When do we get the information about our swap person?

As soon as the swap closes ( Aug 15) we will pair up partners. Most likely the next day.

Becky357
by on Aug. 11, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Okay, is anyone else having trouble finding interesting/cool yarns that are at least 8 oz? I've just been kinda looking around when I'm in the yarn isle but I haven't been able to find anything that I like that I think is worthy of this swap that is at least 8 oz. Not even the red heart plain colors are 8 oz. I want to use something different and really unique but think I'm going to have trouble finding what I want. I haven't been to Jo Anns yet but hope I can find something there. But I don't plan on purchasing anything until we get our partners and I can read their questionnaire first. But is anyone else looking around yet and having this problem?

sizzlingtriumph
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM

I was just thinking that most yarn comes in 7 oz not 8. Or we could do two 4 oz.

ShellBell334
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:00 PM

I am so sorry y'all ,I was still thinking about red heart yarn 10 years ago when it did come in 8 oz :|

Just use any skein of yarn as close to 7 ounces as you can. It doesnt have to be exact.

Sorry for the confusion :(

unicorn siggy

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN