Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Magic Yarn Ball Swap Pictures and Thank Yous!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:07 PM
  • 27 Replies
  • 1464 Total Views

how are youLadies!

We tried to make this Magic Yarn Ball Swap a "Bless Your Neighbor Swap" however some had to get partners out of their states but not toooo far, we hope.

This post is for pictures, thank yous, and any fun things you would like to share sbout the Swap! 

thank you

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:07 PM
Replies (1-10):
CJsMommy0821
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 12:28 AM

I got my yarn ball out of the mail today...it was actually delievered on the 31st! I have been sick but got it out of the box today. I LOVED everything that my partner put in it. I will have to put pictures up of it later on. My camera is downstairs and I am about to head to bed. This was a fun swap but VERY interesting and challenging for me to make it a ball. Then again it takes me FOREVER to roll yarn into a ball. I liked this swap. Thanks!

Jackie

sizzlingtriumph
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 7:39 PM

I got my Magic Yarn Ball on Wednesday! Thank you Jenndalynn! I can't wait to crochet something with it, the yarn is very soft! Here is a  picture of it .

PattyinNV
by on Sep. 5, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Well what did ya get inside the ball???  Curious minds 'need' to know.  hehe    =)

time4me2
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Got mine yesterday from WYTreasures. What fun and full of surprises.  THANK YOU !

PattyinNV
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Wowee you sure made out, lucky you!

sizzlingtriumph
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Ok, I was gonna make something but alas not enough yarn so I will have to take it out and do something else but I got all the  treasures!!

Of course my kids tried to snitch the items as I found them but I managed to get them all back. This was a lot of fun, thank you!

pinksafyre
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 7:31 PM

I got my Magic Yarn ball yesterday from CJ'sMommy--thanks!   I opened a few things that were loose in the package, and LOVE the acrylic J hook she sent!  The ball candles my kids call an "apple" and a "Caramel apple" b/c of the colors..lol

Well I am going to go against the grain and NOT unravel the yarn ball just yet.  I want to "open" it /discover the treasures some other time when I am feeling down or soemthing.  I am going to work on soemthing with the yarn, and "find" the things as I go along!  angel mini

jenndalynn
by on Sep. 10, 2009 at 9:08 AM

I got my yarn ball the other day. I love the color! I managed to wait a day before unraveling it though. I just can't figure out what I want to make. I started something but it wasn't looking right so I undid it. Anyway, here's the pics. Thanks!

Mention my name when you apply to the group, thanks.

hms1223
by on Sep. 10, 2009 at 6:21 PM

I received my ball from Becky the other day but have been really sick so not on to post much.  Unfortunately camera is broke so a really detailed description will have to do!

So I opened the box to this beautiful BIG ball of blue varigated and deep red cotton yarn.  I had asked for the Sports theme with the Red Sox in mind and those colors worked terrific!  Sticking out I could see a tube of extra large smarties (one of my favorite candies), a pattern book, and a crochet hook of a small size.  I had to unravel it because I haven't decided what to make yet and I wanted to see the goodies inside!

So as I kept going there were all sorts of neat stuff!  A couple of packages of safety eyes, a cross stitch little kit, some embroidery thread, baseball, dog, and dragon buttons,  yarn sleeves and it was all started with this neat thing called a yarn daisey that I am waiting to hear what it does!

Thank you very much!!  I hope you like yours as much as I did mine!!

WYTreasures
by on Sep. 11, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Thank you  time4me2 for my yarn ball!  It was fun to unravel, and I can't believe how much you fit into it!  Hmmm, I can't seem to find the short story book to put in the picture...my husband was reading it last night!  Funny stories!  And all of that huckleberry...mmmm!

My partner put lots of things in from her state (Idaho)...huckleberry items, a short story book written by a local author, an ID potato magnet, potato lotion, and many other things.  It was fun to see them appear as I unraveled! (I couldn't wait and unravel it when I started crocheting with it.)

thank you

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)