Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you change anything in your subsequent pregnancies?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:25 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 522 Total Views

Has anyone on here had a successful 2nd pregnancy without changing anything?  (Without having underlying conditions looked up, and without taking aspirin, etc..?)  My dr doesn't seem keen on the idea of my having the underlying condition tests done-I'm wondering if anyone has had success without it.  I know the stats are about a 1/3 chance of getting HELLP again in the future..I wonder if these stats are based on ppl that didn't change anything with their pregnancies or not.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
booger14
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:11 PM

I didn't take anything nor had any tests done to see if I had something else related to HELLP when I got pregnant with my 2nd and 3rd. 

Schleetle
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 11:38 AM

I didn't really do anything different, and my pregnancy with DD was full-term with no complications. I wish the same for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

CafeMom Tickers

aphrodite7400
by on Jun. 6, 2010 at 9:57 AM

i did get the testing done, on my request, found out i had factor 5 and MTHR factor... in my second pregnancy i was considered high risk so had to see a perinatologist every month, got blood drawn, etc...   i also had to give myself injections every day during my second pregnancy and take aspirin.  i didnt mind at all, i just wanted a healthy baby and to be healthy myself.   GL to you-

AlyKen
by Member on Jun. 21, 2010 at 8:56 PM

I'm having a relatively successful pregnancy this time around. I'll be 30 weeks tomorrow. My bp has been normal and my 28-week blood work didn't come back weird. My perinatologist thinks I'm not at risk for having HELLP again. Actually, the only reason I see one at all is because I have a single umbilical artery which can cause IUGR. My son is measuring large, though. I'm not currently on any medications. Actually, they are thinking I'm a good candidate for a VBAC. I'm hoping to have a happy, successful birth story for y'all in about 8-10 weeks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)