Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Three year old with numbers that dont make sense

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 9:10 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 145 Total Views

Ok, first off I am not asking this because I want something wrong with my child, I am asking this because I want to know what these numbers mean. I started to notice something wrong with her about three months ago and just thought that maybe she is an active child. She requires something to drink at all times while awake, she is always in the bathroom and is always going, she needs to eat something all the time, if she does not have a full belly she is very crabby. So last friday I took her in for her three year check up and told the doctor all this and she said that she wanted to poke her there in the office and her number was 116. So then since it was so high she asked me to have her fast Sunday night and retake her test but more thorough now. She ordered the Glucose and the A1C test. Her glucose came back right away and it was 83 and they told me that was fine. K so they decided not to test the urine since the glucose to them was fine. We just got the A1C test back today and it was 5.4%. I went online and checked Juvenile Diabetic numbers and it told me for anybody under the age of 6 the glucose should be 100-180 fasting and the A1C should be 7.5% to 8.5% welllllllll if you see her test numbers they are no where near that. I want to know if she is Hypoglycemic or if these truly are normal numbers for a child and she is just a happy active three year old that loves to drink liquids and just has to pee cuz of it.

by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
erintaylormommy
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 9:25 PM

with My DH being Diabetic we were concerned with are ydd what you have described is her to a T... just keep an eye on her but I bet she will grow out of it DD is know 5 and is much better with the drinking and peeing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)