Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm new

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 4:02 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 125 Total Views

the docs said that i could have diabetes... i was prediabetic before, but the other docs never cared much. the doctor looked at a few things on me and apparently, its symptoms of diabetes; skin tags, discoloration from my underarms.

he drew some blood and had me make an appointment (b/c of the blood test results). i'm scared for that. as of now, i'm not on any meds for the diabetes, but in the mean time- is tehre anything i can do to stop the diabetes from getting worse? which food should i be eating, avoiding, etc?

Also-- i'm REALLY pissed at my normal/regular doctors. ontop of diabetes, i had my blood pressure checked. i get it checked every time i'm in the doctor's office... i check it for fun at teh stores. the docs always say that its normal, the stores place me at hypertension 1/prehypertension.... its been like that for the last 3+ YEARS! i've asked the doctors if thats okay--- my numbers being off, the store's placing me there... etc... they all said it was fine, the reading there was fine.

this new doctor; he really said "i dont care what they said it was here"... he wanted to know about the ones in the store. and then put me on blood pressure meds.

it makes me worried; what other things do i have going on inside of me, that i've had checked otu before- that the doctors said was 'fine' and just overlooked?

i just feel so helpless now. =/

by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
deedon
by Sandra on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Hi and welcome, I have type 2 my numbers were/are not usually that high but I've been on Metformin for a number of years.  I know what you're talking about with the doctors.

I also have high blood pressure and take Diovan for it.  I've had 2 different nurses check mine lately and it's been being about 147/82 both told me to call the doctor to see if I needed to change my meds. but he said that's not high.  It gets to where you wonder who to believe.

I have some great doctors as I have other problems.  Watch your carbs.  You can find lots of info at the American Diabetes sites.

LilyPondOasis
by Lily - Group Owner on Nov. 18, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Hello! And welcome to the group!

I take 3 high blood pressure meds. My BP is usually under 140, at times its been 118 over what ever, but as I said Im on 3 meds for it.

I am a Type 2 diabetic and control mine with diet. No insulin. A great site to check out though is http://www.dlife.com/  for alot of info about diabetes.

I never trust the cuffs at Walgreens or CVS..etc. for checking my BP. I go every 3 months to get checked and blood work done cause of my thyroid and she checks my blood sugars as well. I was at  a 6.6 but brought it down to 5.8 so thats a good thing.

It's not so bad to control it with diet, but I know at any time it can change and I may need medication or insulin for it. I pray not, but I try to keep it under 130 each day. Im to check my blood sugars once a day.

Hope they can get things right for you and you can focus on what you need to regarding your health. But DO check out that website. Alot of helpful info and dinner menus on there to try out too.

Mom2be360
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:29 AM
Hi and I'm new too and going though the same with my diabetes too that I have first it was prediabetes now found out it diabetes and I having lupus on top this explained that me going to er wasn't all in my head the doctor hummingate me make. Feel bad. ! I love to make friends I'm not on meds for diabetes yet waiting to see a Dr for that found out by Gyn and I'm on meds shots for lupus aps

Quoting Shy_Dia:

the docs said that i could have diabetes... i was prediabetic before, but the other docs never cared much. the doctor looked at a few things on me and apparently, its symptoms of diabetes; skin tags, discoloration from my underarms.

he drew some blood and had me make an appointment (b/c of the blood test results). i'm scared for that. as of now, i'm not on any meds for the diabetes, but in the mean time- is tehre anything i can do to stop the diabetes from getting worse? which food should i be eating, avoiding, etc?

Also-- i'm REALLY pissed at my normal/regular doctors. ontop of diabetes, i had my blood pressure checked. i get it checked every time i'm in the doctor's office... i check it for fun at teh stores. the docs always say that its normal, the stores place me at hypertension 1/prehypertension.... its been like that for the last 3+ YEARS! i've asked the doctors if thats okay--- my numbers being off, the store's placing me there... etc... they all said it was fine, the reading there was fine.

this new doctor; he really said "i dont care what they said it was here"... he wanted to know about the ones in the store. and then put me on blood pressure meds.

it makes me worried; what other things do i have going on inside of me, that i've had checked otu before- that the doctors said was 'fine' and just overlooked?

i just feel so helpless now. =/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)