Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello new members and welcome to the group!  Please introduce yourself and your situation and let us get to know you better.  We are all here to help each other!!
by on Apr. 27, 2007 at 2:40 PM
Replies (121-130):
bigmomma04
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Thank you for welcoming me!

I was dx with borderline diabetes 7 years ago, control with diet only. Since then I have had pancreatitis was in the hospital for three days since it was caught super early. My circulation is not good on the left side of my body, I have alot going on, my body is rebelling against me now. I'm not going to lie, my eating habits are not good. I'm hoping with support here, I can learn to control my sugar and hopefully learn to eat better

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

welcomeWelcome aboard! I am Bobbi, mom of 2 sons, granny to 5 beautiful grandgirls and Gigi to one awesome great grandgirl. Are you type 1 or 2? I am type 2. I have been having problems and doc started me on Victosa. It seems to be helping me. I go back next week for my a1c. I am hoping that the only thing we may have to do is maybe up the Victosa. I reaally am scared of having to go on insulin.

Quoting bigmomma04: Hello, I am Phoenix, mom of 4 from ny. I have been having issues with my sugar for 7 years now. I mostly suffer from hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), but lately my sugar levels have been fluctuating wildly. I joined this group to learn how to eat better and how to manage my sugar better.

MissMackiesgg
by Owner on Jul. 19, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I know all about eating wrong. But it is hard when you don't have a lot of money. I hoped that I would never be diabetic. My mom and my best friend were diabetic, 1 on insulin, 1 on pills. I know how hard it was for them and I just knew that the sugar freak that I am it would be even worse. I was right. lol

Quoting bigmomma04: Thank you for welcoming me! I was dx with borderline diabetes 7 years ago, control with diet only. Since then I have had pancreatitis was in the hospital for three days since it was caught super early. My circulation is not good on the left side of my body, I have alot going on, my body is rebelling against me now. I'm not going to lie, my eating habits are not good. I'm hoping with support here, I can learn to control my sugar and hopefully learn to eat better
Quoting MissMackiesgg:

welcomeWelcome aboard! I am Bobbi, mom of 2 sons, granny to 5 beautiful grandgirls and Gigi to one awesome great grandgirl. Are you type 1 or 2? I am type 2. I have been having problems and doc started me on Victosa. It seems to be helping me. I go back next week for my a1c. I am hoping that the only thing we may have to do is maybe up the Victosa. I reaally am scared of having to go on insulin.

Quoting bigmomma04: Hello, I am Phoenix, mom of 4 from ny. I have been having issues with my sugar for 7 years now. I mostly suffer from hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), but lately my sugar levels have been fluctuating wildly. I joined this group to learn how to eat better and how to manage my sugar better.

bigmomma04
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 5:53 PM
I hear ya. My father is diabetic. He almost lost his feet a few times, he is lucky he had good doctors that saved his feet.

With me, my sugar is too low. Keeping it up and not getting it too high is tricky. Even 7 years later I am still learning

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

I know all about eating wrong. But it is hard when you don't have a lot of money. I hoped that I would never be diabetic. My mom and my best friend were diabetic, 1 on insulin, 1 on pills. I know how hard it was for them and I just knew that the sugar freak that I am it would be even worse. I was right. lol

Quoting bigmomma04: Thank you for welcoming me!

I was dx with borderline diabetes 7 years ago, control with diet only. Since then I have had pancreatitis was in the hospital for three days since it was caught super early. My circulation is not good on the left side of my body, I have alot going on, my body is rebelling against me now. I'm not going to lie, my eating habits are not good. I'm hoping with support here, I can learn to control my sugar and hopefully learn to eat better

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

MissMackiesgg
by Owner on Jul. 19, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I used to have very low blood sugars, I think the lowest was 43. Small world keeps on turning. The dr then told me to watch out for this as I got older. Darn him. That's it, it's all his fault!!  lol

Quoting bigmomma04: I hear ya. My father is diabetic. He almost lost his feet a few times, he is lucky he had good doctors that saved his feet. With me, my sugar is too low. Keeping it up and not getting it too high is tricky. Even 7 years later I am still learning
Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Quoting bigmomma04: Thank you for welcoming me! I was dx with borderline diabetes 7 years ago, control with diet only. Since then I have had pancreatitis was in the hospital for three days since it was caught super early. My circulation is not good on the left side of my body, I have alot going on, my body is rebelling against me now. I'm not going to lie, my eating habits are not good. I'm hoping with support here, I can learn to control my sugar and hopefully learn to eat better
Quoting MissMackiesgg:

bigmomma04
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Lol

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

I used to have very low blood sugars, I think the lowest was 43. Small world keeps on turning. The dr then told me to watch out for this as I got older. Darn him. That's it, it's all his fault!!  lol

Quoting bigmomma04: I hear ya. My father is diabetic. He almost lost his feet a few times, he is lucky he had good doctors that saved his feet.

With me, my sugar is too low. Keeping it up and not getting it too high is tricky. Even 7 years later I am still learning

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

bigmomma04
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 8:48 PM
I was told the same. They told me hypoglycemia is a prediabetic condition, and that I had a high risk of developing full blown diabetes in the future. Damn docs.

Quoting bigmomma04: Lol

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Quoting bigmomma04: I hear ya. My father is diabetic. He almost lost his feet a few times, he is lucky he had good doctors that saved his feet.

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Moms_Angels1960
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I never knew this group existed. I'm Cheryl I am only Pre-Diabetic so I am just looking for ways to keep me off the diabetes spectrum.

I have changed a lot in my diet and I have started exercising as well.

MissMackiesgg
by Owner on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group. I was already type 2 before they found it. I am learning as we are growing. Any thing that you think might help any of us plase post.

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

I never knew this group existed. I'm Cheryl I am only Pre-Diabetic so I am just looking for ways to keep me off the diabetes spectrum.

I have changed a lot in my diet and I have started exercising as well.

Roobugs_momma
by New Member on Oct. 11, 2014 at 2:25 AM
Quoting Vssugarbooger:

hey there i am elyse and i am 36 years old and a brittle type 1. i am currently on insulin shots but amĀ  working my way back to being on a pump. i am a very bad diabetic, i don't follow anything. so ihave made the decission with thehelp of my fiance and family that i am going to change my ways. i am going to starta a 1500 calorie diet and count carbs. like i did when i was on the pump. i am just looking for friends who can understand what i am going through. i need a support group and i am hoping to make some freinds on here. i was diagnoised when i was 21 years old. i think tha is why it is very hard for me to control this cause i was so use to eating anything i want until i was 21 and suddenly told that i had to watch every thing that i put in my body. i am really bad i have been almost dead three times twice from high blod sugar and once from low blood sugar. but i need to change cause i have a seven year old who depends on me and i have to be there for him. so i hope to hear and get to know everyone.

this is my old screen name and things I changed it so I hope to hear from every well since I wrote this my son has now been dx with type 1 and we are trying to prep him for insulin pump and I am trying to get back on my pump. Hope to hear from you all soon.
madwifa
by Head Admin on Oct. 11, 2014 at 8:01 PM

welcome back. Sorry about your son. Do you think they are managing his diabeties more now with the change from 2 to 1?

how have you done on you?

Quoting Roobugs_momma:
Quoting Vssugarbooger:

hey there i am elyse and i am 36 years old and a brittle type 1. i am currently on insulin shots but am  working my way back to being on a pump. i am a very bad diabetic, i don't follow anything. so ihave made the decission with thehelp of my fiance and family that i am going to change my ways. i am going to starta a 1500 calorie diet and count carbs. like i did when i was on the pump. i am just looking for friends who can understand what i am going through. i need a support group and i am hoping to make some freinds on here. i was diagnoised when i was 21 years old. i think tha is why it is very hard for me to control this cause i was so use to eating anything i want until i was 21 and suddenly told that i had to watch every thing that i put in my body. i am really bad i have been almost dead three times twice from high blod sugar and once from low blood sugar. but i need to change cause i have a seven year old who depends on me and i have to be there for him. so i hope to hear and get to know everyone.

this is my old screen name and things I changed it so I hope to hear from every well since I wrote this my son has now been dx with type 1 and we are trying to prep him for insulin pump and I am trying to get back on my pump. Hope to hear from you all soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN