Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello new members and welcome to the group!  Please introduce yourself and your situation and let us get to know you better.  We are all here to help each other!!
by on Apr. 27, 2007 at 2:40 PM
Replies (131-136):
sweetktn
by New Member on Jan. 19, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Hi, I'm jessi from Minnesota. My second son has type 1 diabetes. Was diagnosed October 2012 just 2 mo shy of being 4. He's the only one in the family with it. No family history anywhere on either side so it was a big shock. I have 3 other kids, ds age 11, ds age 5, and dd age 3. Also expecting another LO in aug this year. We all tested negative for the antigens :)

MissMackiesgg
by Owner on Jan. 19, 2015 at 3:57 PM

Welcome to the group. I am a 62 yr old type 2 diabetic. I don't know very much about diabetic children. I will do my best to try to find info if you need help. There also sites out there and that is where I get a lot of my info. Diabetic Connect is a great one.

Quoting sweetktn:

Hi, I'm jessi from Minnesota. My second son has type 1 diabetes. Was diagnosed October 2012 just 2 mo shy of being 4. He's the only one in the family with it. No family history anywhere on either side so it was a big shock. I have 3 other kids, ds age 11, ds age 5, and dd age 3. Also expecting another LO in aug this year. We all tested negative for the antigens :)

sweetktn
by New Member on Jan. 19, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Thank you :) I use the Internet a lot when I have questions but I'm always on the lookout for more information. Knowledge is power especially with diabetes! I knew nothing before my son was diagnosed but now im doing whatever I can to try and teach him as much as I can since this is a lifelong thing for him to manage. 

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Welcome to the group. I am a 62 yr old type 2 diabetic. I don't know very much about diabetic children. I will do my best to try to find info if you need help. There also sites out there and that is where I get a lot of my info. Diabetic Connect is a great one.

Quoting sweetktn:

MissMackiesgg
by Owner on Jan. 19, 2015 at 4:09 PM

I try to post recipes with nutrition (when it is there) and that is good for the whole family. I also try to do some sugar free but now they say the substitutions are bad as the sugar for you.

Quoting sweetktn:

Thank you :) I use the Internet a lot when I have questions but I'm always on the lookout for more information. Knowledge is power especially with diabetes! I knew nothing before my son was diagnosed but now im doing whatever I can to try and teach him as much as I can since this is a lifelong thing for him to manage. 

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Quoting sweetktn:

sweetktn
by New Member on Jan. 19, 2015 at 4:14 PM

I love this site and use it when I make things that I don't easily know counts on. The first thing I used it for was banana bread and it's my go to since. http://www.eatracker.ca/recipe_analyzer.aspx You enter in how many servings then each ingredient and how much and it calculates it for you.

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

I try to post recipes with nutrition (when it is there) and that is good for the whole family. I also try to do some sugar free but now they say the substitutions are bad as the sugar for you.

Quoting sweetktn:

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Quoting sweetktn:

MissMackiesgg
by Owner on Jan. 19, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Could you make this site a sticky in the tip forum, please? That would great for everyone to know.

Quoting sweetktn:

I love this site and use it when I make things that I don't easily know counts on. The first thing I used it for was banana bread and it's my go to since. http://www.eatracker.ca/recipe_analyzer.aspx You enter in how many servings then each ingredient and how much and it calculates it for you.

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Quoting sweetktn:

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Quoting sweetktn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN