Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im new just found out i have diabetes type too

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:24 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 155 Total Views
I also have lupus and diabetes I'm 30 I'm married to a wounderful man. I just need help with eating and checking my surgar levels
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
deedon
by Sandra on May. 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Hi, I'm Sandra and I also have type 2 & many other health issues. Have you been to any diabetes classes? I found them to be very helpful.  I try to watch my carbs and I'm trying to get use to artificial sweetners.

Welcome to the group.

Mom2be360
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Nope not yet andsoon ill be in the same boat.

Quoting deedon:

Hi, I'm Sandra and I also have type 2 & many other health issues. Have you been to any diabetes classes? I found them to be very helpful.  I try to watch my carbs and I'm trying to get use to artificial sweetners.

Welcome to the group.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilyPondOasis
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Hi and welcome to the group!

www.dlife.com   is a great website to check out for meal options/portions and all that.

Good luck in managing your diabetes! 

Alieda
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:38 PM
I love the d-life web site, they also have Tv show on cable on Sunday night Also you can get a chub of Diabetes Forecast magine nonlinear.Did your doctor set you up with a Diabetes Edacation class, it is a great way to learn all you need to know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2be360
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:58 AM
No not yet gotta make app today. So I can see a Dr foe my diabetes ..

Quoting Alieda:

I love the d-life web site, they also have Tv show on cable on Sunday night Also you can get a chub of Diabetes Forecast magine nonlinear.Did your doctor set you up with a Diabetes Edacation class, it is a great way to learn all you need to know.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alieda
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:52 AM

You can see your regular doctor as I do or a diabetes doctor . One thing you will learn in the class that you can easy begin now is to count your crabs , you will probably be allow 31 carbs per meal , which can add up fast. At class they will recommend a Book Called the Crab King , it has the crabs for almost any food you can think of. Another thing they will take you do to that you can begin now is to exercise 30 minutes a day , if you can not do it all at once do it 10 minutes 3 times a day , and just walking is fine.

Mom2be360
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Ohh ok your. Very helpful thank you and I just took surgar its 214now today at Dr office. Fingers n toes swelling and burning tingling numb pins n niddles pain can't do alot.

Quoting Alieda:

You can see your regular doctor as I do or a diabetes doctor . One thing you will learn in the class that you can easy begin now is to count your crabs , you will probably be allow 31 carbs per meal , which can add up fast. At class they will recommend a Book Called the Crab King , it has the crabs for almost any food you can think of. Another thing they will take you do to that you can begin now is to exercise 30 minutes a day , if you can not do it all at once do it 10 minutes 3 times a day , and just walking is fine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alieda
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM
I. Know the piain in your feet but even if you just begin with Set And be Fit program excerise with the nurse on there.Her excerise are fit for poeple who must be seated when they excerise, it is important to do something. I have use her program before, it is on your local PBS channel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN