Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband is type 2

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 1:50 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 185 Total Views

Hello,

Im new around here. My husband is type 2 diabetic and due to not taking care of himself early on he is going blind. He is 35 years old. His right eye is completely blind and his left is getting there. We are touring a school for the blind on thursday to hopefully help my husband be more independent. I love him sooo much but am soo overwhelmed taking care of our 6 kids and him and working full time and etc. Anyone else dealing with a hubby who is diabetic???

by on May. 22, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LilyPondOasis
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Sorry your husband is going through this but its good he is getting help he may need.

Maybe some one else may have some one they know in this situation and can be of some better help. Have you asked your local United Way ? They may have some resources you can check into.

Good luck.

Mom2be360
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Iam type 2 diabete and have lupus and my husband is partly blind ido love my husband to death hes my everything . My all

Quoting tattudemommy:

Hello,

Im new around here. My husband is type 2 diabetic and due to not taking care of himself early on he is going blind. He is 35 years old. His right eye is completely blind and his left is getting there. We are touring a school for the blind on thursday to hopefully help my husband be more independent. I love him sooo much but am soo overwhelmed taking care of our 6 kids and him and working full time and etc. Anyone else dealing with a hubby who is diabetic???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alieda
by Member on May. 23, 2012 at 10:44 AM
I am so sorry your hubby is going through this. My step son's mom is going blind, he does so much for her. She is not taking the step your hubby is doing.So good for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deedon
by Sandra on May. 23, 2012 at 1:59 PM
I am so sorry about your husband. I am the one with type 2. How long has he had it? Hope you find a program to help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN