Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New in Town

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 159 Total Views

Hello, I'm Mena.

I've been a type 2 for close to 11 years (I think) this is just a quickie intro as we have a busy weekend. 

I'm trying to find a recipe for a high protein, low carb muffin that I can make a bunch of and freeze to have on hand for breakfasts.  I'm working on some things that I will happily share when I get the kinks worked out.  I was just wondering if anyone has tried the same thing and if you could share any tips.  Our local grocery was giving away 'baking bananas' this morning, so we grabbed three big bunches.  Which I now have to peel and bag up so they don't get any worse.

Hope to get to know you soon.

Mena

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LilyPondOasis
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Have you seen the web site www.dlife.com

It might be helpful. 

Welcome to the group! 

deedon
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Hi Mena,

Have you looked any of the diabetes info sites for a mix? Talk with you later.

LadyMena
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:43 PM

So far all I've been able to find on most sites is either something with eggs/sausage/bacon, or the atkins baking mix.  I'm trying to eat less meat and wanting something that could be frozen such as a muffin.  But I'm going to keep looking.  Thanks Ladies

LilyPondOasis
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Hope you can find something to be able to freeze as they would keep in the freezer a little while.

Good luck. Have you been able to ask your Doctor for any suggestions?

Quoting LadyMena:

So far all I've been able to find on most sites is either something with eggs/sausage/bacon, or the atkins baking mix.  I'm trying to eat less meat and wanting something that could be frozen such as a muffin.  But I'm going to keep looking.  Thanks Ladies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)