Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Victoza?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:56 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 264 Total Views

Hi, I am new to this group, and would like to meet other people here. I am a diabetic type 2. Have any of you ever taken Victoza? If you have, then how did it work for you, or make you feel? 

by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MissMackiesgg
by Bobbi Owner on Feb. 1, 2016 at 9:13 AM

Welcome to the group. Glad you are here. I take Victosa every day 1.2. I didn't notice a difference in the way I feel, except feeling better because of lowered blood sugars. My A1C went from 7.2 to 5.8 over about 6-9 months.

ALynn565
by on Feb. 1, 2016 at 9:43 AM

Thank you. I started Victoza 2 weeks ago, first week was on 0.6 and second week started the 1.2 dosage.. I started getting really sick on the 1.2 dosage. Have had bad muscle aches, dizziness, and no energy, just like I can barely go. I did some research, and a lot of other's have had this same thing, and had to stop taking Victoza.. I did read some that were fine taking Victoza, but for the most part people had the same symptoms that I am having... I liked the fact that it is helping my A1c and I know I have lost itleast 6 or 7 lbs, but it is getting to the point that it is not worth it to me to continue taking it. I am happy that you are not having any problems with it, but for me it is like I am injecting poison into my body. Ugh! I just can not tolerate feeling so sick. 

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Welcome to the group. Glad you are here. I take Victosa every day 1.2. I didn't notice a difference in the way I feel, except feeling better because of lowered blood sugars. My A1C went from 7.2 to 5.8 over about 6-9 months.

MissMackiesgg
by Bobbi Owner on Feb. 1, 2016 at 10:05 AM

Sorry you are having such problems. What has the dr said?

Quoting ALynn565:

Thank you. I started Victoza 2 weeks ago, first week was on 0.6 and second week started the 1.2 dosage.. I started getting really sick on the 1.2 dosage. Have had bad muscle aches, dizziness, and no energy, just like I can barely go. I did some research, and a lot of other's have had this same thing, and had to stop taking Victoza.. I did read some that were fine taking Victoza, but for the most part people had the same symptoms that I am having... I liked the fact that it is helping my A1c and I know I have lost itleast 6 or 7 lbs, but it is getting to the point that it is not worth it to me to continue taking it. I am happy that you are not having any problems with it, but for me it is like I am injecting poison into my body. Ugh! I just can not tolerate feeling so sick. 

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

ALynn565
by on Feb. 1, 2016 at 11:06 AM

She does not know as of yet. It was Friday, and I have to wait until today. I have had the symptoms for 5 days, but thought they would go away. 

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Quoting ALynn565:

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

MissMackiesgg
by Bobbi Owner on Feb. 2, 2016 at 9:47 AM

I can understand thinking that but I would call today!

Quoting ALynn565:

She does not know as of yet. It was Friday, and I have to wait until today. I have had the symptoms for 5 days, but thought they would go away. 

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Quoting ALynn565:

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)