Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

insulin pen

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:44 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 210 Total Views

hello!  i just wondering how many of you are useing the insulin pen??  i am and have been for 2 years now . i have to say i love my pen!!!   takeing my shots 4x a day dont hurt me anymore,

when i would use the regular needles  my skin would hurt  so bad that i didnt want to take the shots...  but i did... now the pen..  awesome..  no pain !!  love it. i recommend the pen for injections of insulin..

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
majikme
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 1:20 AM

I am not on an insulin pen right now but I was on Lantus which was my first experience with the pen and OMG it was awesome! Now I'm on Byetta which is also in a pen format and it is even better since it takes such a small dosage for me to get great results. I don't know if you are type 1 or type 2 diabetic and I know that there are some medicines that a type 1 cannot take that a type 2 can, Byetta being one of them. I am glad that they offer medicines in the pen format since the needles just don't hurt and if I do hit the wrong spot it doesn't hurt anywhere near as bad or for as long. I do get pretty good sized bruises once in a while but I can deal with that.

Stephanie

angelfeather071
by on Jan. 7, 2009 at 3:31 PM

i am a type 1 diabetic 4 shots a day!!  i hate it but gotta do it.. hope your diabetes is doing good..

majikme
by on Jan. 8, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Thank you, yes my blood sugars are doing excellent now. I had a slight raise in them recently due to a sinus infection but I'm back down to even better numbers. I have been floating around from 90 to 130, unless I get stupid which I really havent been. I have noticed lately that I have a marked decrease in appetite, which I know is a side effect of this medication, but hey I'm not complaining since I could easily lose 100lbs or more LOL.

Quoting angelfeather071:

i am a type 1 diabetic 4 shots a day!! i hate it but gotta do it.. hope your diabetes is doing good..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)