Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cookbook for a good cause

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 5:57 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 207 Total Views
I am putting together a cookbook for NF research (www.ctf.org) which is a disease my daughter suffers from.  If you'd like your recipe in our book, please send them to me.  If you'd like your name or initials with your location listed on the recipes, please put that too.  You can send me a message, post them on this message or email them to me simplygina3@hotmail.com.

Thanks so much for your support!!!
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
BayandMadsmom
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 10:58 PM
This is SOOO easy...my husband loves it and it is quick :)  I hope you get many recipes...

Taco Salad

1 lb Turkey burger
1 can lite kidney beans
1 package of Taco Seasoning
Half of one onion (all if you want)
1 package of shredded lettuce
Cut up grape tomatoes  ( amt up to you )
1 package Fiesta Shredded cheese
Bag of Doritoes (We use the spicy nacho kind)
1 Catalina Honey Dressing
Opt.  Sour cream

~Brown turkey burger with onion~ Add kidney beans and taco seasoning...this usually calls for some water~ Let this heat up and put it in the refrigerator and let it cool off!!  I check on it once or twice and stir it around to cool it off better~In the mean time....make your salad...in a big bowl add lettuce, tomatoes some crushed up doritoes...not a whole lot...just a few :)~ Add shredded cheese...then go get your meat mixture!!! ~  Add this to your bowl...put dressing in the bowl and mix around until everything is covered in dressing!!~ On a plate...put down some doritoes...cover with salad...add a dolop of sour cream...and whala...you have an excellent, easy taco salad!!  ENJOY!!!

By Lyndsi B.
Clarksville, TN

PS.  Let me know when you get your cook book up and ready...I would love to have one!!!  I'm always needing a new one!!!
LisaLamb
by on Aug. 26, 2007 at 2:23 PM
  THESE ARE GREAT FOR ENTERTAINING AND SO YUMMY! Good luck with your book! I hope it does well. Keep me updated on it's release.

SAUSAGE STARS (Appetizer)

1 cup cooked crumbled sausage (1/2 lb Bob Evans is what I use)
3/4c grated sharp cheddar cheese
3/4c grated Monterey Jack cheese
1/2c Ranch Dressing
1/2 Can (2.25oz) sliced black olives
1/4c chopped red pepper
1 pkg wonton wrappers (found in produce)

Cook sausage completely, drain and then mix with all ingredients (except wonton wrappers).

Cut wonton wrappers into 9 sections. Place each section into mini muffin tins pressing down slightly to form fluted star top. Bake at 350 for 5 min. Remove from oven and fill with the sausage mixture. Return to oven for 5 more min or until they begin to bubble. Makes 30
NOTE: I make sausage mixture the day before. I also bake the wonton shells the day before. When you are ready to serve fill shells and bake as directed. You may also freeze the remainder of wonton wrappers for future use. You may want to separate into smaller little freezer packages.

Lisa Lamb
Michigan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)