Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for ideas!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:15 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 172 Total Views
Hello to everyone! I have posted a similar question in my other food related groups, and I am really looking forward to all the ideas! So sorry if you've seen this before.

My MIL got me one of those vaccuum seal things, and I am really wanting to use it for more that just storing frozen meat!
I am hoping to find some recipes that can be made up a week or even 2 ahead of time, then vaccuum sealed and frozen! That way on our busiest days all I have to do is unseal and reheat! Does anyone know of any recipes that are good for this?

I am looking for things that won't come out soggy, or slimy, if you know what I mean, things that are just as good after being frozen and reheated! Thank you all in advance for any answers!

Victoria
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
rrstar2
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 11:32 AM
when i am looking to freeze dinners, i usually make spagetti sauce. i can make 3 batches at once and it is so easy! i can freeze meal portions and its just as good afterward. then all you have to do is boil pasta, or if i have time, i make manicotti.........i also like to cook meat for the grill ahead of time. i will par cook brats or ribs and freeze them individually. with chicken, i like to freeze it in marinade, so while it is thawing, it is soaking up flavor. cuts the time in half.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)