Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your top 3 Family Fun Ideas

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 7:53 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 209 Total Views

O.K. Tell us what category your activity may fall under

Category Ideas:

Newborn:
Toddler:
Elementary Age:
Teens:
Adult Children:
Mix of Ages & Stages:

We can all use the wisdom of other mothers - what was your activity? How time consuming is it? What made it special?

by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jacejenkins
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2007 at 8:11 PM
When my Jason was a newborn I would do the mommy and me exercises with him and we both loved them. I believe it helped us bond.

Then when Jason was a toddler we loved to go outside and walk and find "treasures" like leaves and rocks.

I would volunteer in the class when he was in Elementary School and I made a point for us to have lunch at school sometimes. That way I could meet all of his friends.

Now my Jason is in Junior High and he still plays sports so I get to come watch. We just went to the Zoo and we had a great time. We are planning our next day trip somewhere. This summer we are doing volunteer work at a no kill animal rescue. We both love animals and this way we can spend time together doing something we love. He is almost 13 and I am trying so hard to stay close to him.
lovejason
by Group Owner on Apr. 27, 2007 at 1:23 AM

Quoting jacejenkins:

When my Jason was a newborn I would do the mommy and me exercises with him and we both loved them. I believe it helped us bond.

Then when Jason was a toddler we loved to go outside and walk and find "treasures" like leaves and rocks.

I would volunteer in the class when he was in Elementary School and I made a point for us to have lunch at school sometimes. That way I could meet all of his friends.

Now my Jason is in Junior High and he still plays sports so I get to come watch. We just went to the Zoo and we had a great time. We are planning our next day trip somewhere. This summer we are doing volunteer work at a no kill animal rescue. We both love animals and this way we can spend time together doing something we love. He is almost 13 and I am trying so hard to stay close to him.
My eyes fill with tears as I imagine my little baby going through each of these phases... I love your ideas.

Let me know how it goes at the animal shelter. Have you worked with them before? Do you just call and tell them you'd like to help? How does that work?
crysann
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2007 at 12:41 PM
I have a 6 month old and a 2 year old, so my ideas are geared tward that age group, but they would fit most all ages!

1. We have date night and go eat that a Japanese resturante that cooks in front of you.  Both of my kids love it.  My oldest loves to eat with chopsticks.

2. Putt- Putt golf.  IT is fun, cheap. and it gets us outside!

3. Getting outside.  We have picked strawberries, pumpkins, and peaches.  We take at least one walk everyday.  Getting outside keeps your mind cleat and your house clean!!
lovejason
by Group Owner on Apr. 28, 2007 at 1:55 PM

Quoting crysann:

I have a 6 month old and a 2 year old, so my ideas are geared tward that age group, but they would fit most all ages!

1. We have date night and go eat that a Japanese resturante that cooks in front of you.  Both of my kids love it.  My oldest loves to eat with chopsticks.

2. Putt- Putt golf.  IT is fun, cheap. and it gets us outside!

3. Getting outside.  We have picked strawberries, pumpkins, and peaches.  We take at least one walk everyday.  Getting outside keeps your mind cleat and your house clean!!
Great ideas - So... you got pregnant when your 2 year old was just over 1 - how did that all go? I'm planning to do the same - could use your advice ?!?!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)