Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pause for the Cause - Power to the People

Posted by on May. 9, 2007 at 2:51 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 539 Total Views
Every Soul Mama fights for something, whether it be the environment, animal rights, politics, education rights, etc.  What cause have you dedicated your time and energy to?
by on May. 9, 2007 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chip
by New Member on Jun. 7, 2007 at 12:02 PM
I have several causes that are dear to my heart.

1. AIDS CURE
2. SICKLE CELL CURE
3 DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
4 SEXUAL ABUSE/ CHILDREN OR ADULTS.

These have touched my life over several years and I do what I can for each group. #2 I have personally and I have found ways to limit my pain which has made my life so much better.

Chip
nyke1
by on Jun. 7, 2007 at 12:05 PM
I ADVOCATE AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! I HAVE BEEN THERE AND GOT OUT, THANK GOD! SO NOW I AS MUCH AS I CAN VIA INTERNET.
Lish26
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 8:28 AM
I actively fight for a few things:
1. Education discrimination
2. womens' rights
3. Healing and restoring the Black Community
4. Eliminating Police Brutality and Racial Profiling

Alisha- wife and mommie of 5
rebeccap
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2007 at 8:33 AM
I'm an advocate for world peace & the environment.  Everyday I do my part to make this world a better place so that our future generations can live on a healthy planet where world peace is ALL!
thingz123
by on Sep. 9, 2007 at 10:35 AM
I do a lot of advocating/informing on the part of people with autism. I belong to an organization in which I can mentor parents who have autistic kids (as do I-I'm both a special educator and a mom of a child with high-functioning autism). I also try to spread the word by mouth and cyberspace about what autism is and how a person with it might behave. I try to disspell myths about it-"Rainman" is not how a lot of autistic people act; as a matter of fact, many autistics and their families are downright insulted by this comparison. I am interested in finding a cure for autism, educating regular classroom teachers on how to teach them (the numbers that are diagnosed are skyrocketing, and the higher functioning ones WILL end up in regular classrooms with support-this is my son's situation) and trying to help autistic adults, because currently in the U.S., there are very few situations out there to help train and employ this population.

Cheryl
mommyD
by New Member on Sep. 22, 2007 at 11:23 AM
I figured this would be a good section for ny post!!  My boyfriend and I are currently participating in the Making Strides For Breast Cancer walk next month.  We lost my mother in law a little over a year ago to breast cance and it has been really tough.  I have (ever since she got sick) been in support of anything that may find a cure.  I have learned that as woman especially, we don't really think about breast cancer until it hits close to home!!  So I encourage all of us as woman to do the research and if we can support the cause in some way shape or form!!  Thank everyone, and please keep us in your prayers!!  If you want to check out my teams page to see what it is all about here is the link, just copy and paste it!!

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/MakingStridesAgainstBreastCancer/MSABCFY08Florida?px=2767962&pg=personal&fr_id=3449&et=-F-txZuG_G2RFHHt7XlzgA..&s_tafId=73339
MsMaryHB
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2007 at 11:09 PM
The things that I advocate and educate for the most are:
1. Domestic Violence Prevention and Protection
2. African-American History
3. Education (especially College)
4. Diversity Education
MamiFresh
by on Oct. 29, 2007 at 1:16 PM
Hi Soul Mamas!
I'm new to cafe mom and happy to find such a group here.

I have dedicated my time and energy for many causes and continue to feel like a social entrepreneur on the regular.

My current campaigns and hot topics include:
1. FREE BURMA
2. SAVE DARFUR
3. End RAPE as a weapon of war (a campaign to have rape included in international law as a war crime to allow for the prosecution on offenders especially in conflict zones such as Darfur, Congo etc.)
4. GENOCIDE INTERVENTION NETWORK
5. AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL
6. Issues involving migrant workers, the trafficking in women, children and the modern day slave trade.

Power to the People!

mamastefl
by on Dec. 20, 2007 at 10:23 PM
My top causes:

1. Fighting for moms and their unborn babies in the US
2. Darfur
3. Supporting legislation to make child sex crimes in our Country have tougher jail terms.
4.  Providing support through volunteer work to parents that are facing a pregnancy of a child with a birth defect.  Right now I am a volunteer with Raising Special Kids in Arizona. 

Humankind has not woven the web of life.  We are but one thread in it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.  All things are bound together.  All things connect.

-Chief Seattle

tonid35
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2008 at 10:32 PM
My top causes are:

Children with disabilites
Cancer
HIV-AIDS
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN