Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girlfriends

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 4:14 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 324 Total Views

Most of my close friends don't live close to me. I would love to make new friends who enjoy the same things as I do. People who  understand the importance of family time as well as girl friend time. I love movies, going to a park just to talk, visiting a new restaurant, catching a concert, or just browsing a museum every once in a while.

The girlfriends that I have that enjoy these things aren't married, have no kids and live in Chicago, Tampa and Dallas, Texas. My friends that are married with children don't have time, or rather choose not to make time, to do things such as these. So, I feel like I've lost a part of the person I used to be.

I've been trying to make friends in my area (Atlanta) who understand that some women need to have girl friends to share with. Not necessarily someone you're with every single day. I feel like my life is out of balance at times, because that aspect of my life is missing. Just to be able to get out with a couple of women from time to time is necessary for me.

I miss girl talk about life in general, not just about what your kids did, or your husband is not doing. I want stimulating conversation about family as well as what' s going on in the world, the latest on tv, spiritual issues. So many things.

I am a mother of a three year old and am expecting another this summer. I've felt this way for the past three years now. I've found this website and I just felt the need to express my thoughts on the matter. Maybe someone out there can relate to what I'm experiencing?

by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
newmommie37
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2007 at 11:27 PM
Hi there, I know exactly how you are feeling!  Since I had the baby, those were conversations I had with my girlfriends!!  I miss the stimulating conversations, the weekend shopping and the lunches and dinners. If you want to chat ,I am here

lol
lisacwrites
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2007 at 1:36 AM
Hey lady!! I'm from Ga too. I know how you feel. You will meet so many Moms like yourself here at CafeMom. Stay connected and you'll eventually find what you're looking for. Let's keep in touch.
Rahkissed
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2007 at 8:57 PM
I understand what you are going through as well.  I moved to Indiana from New York and the women here are very different.  I find myself not having the same reactions that I am used to and it bums me out.  I also find myself in friendships that just dont make sense.......

When I come to GA, Conyers?  I think... I will visit you (if thats okay) and we can go to a museum and talk about anything.. I love to talk too so if you ever want to talk to someone who wont judge you or try to belittle you for your thoughts (yeah, some women do that) you could call me.
georgiapeaches
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 2:49 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm just glad to know I'm not alone. That was my purpose for joining cafemoms to begin with.  I so know what you mean about finding yourself in relationships (with women) that make no sense. I went through that ordeal a couple of times when I lived in Dallas, Texas. I was homesick, lonely and I really just wanted to make friends and have people to hang out with. I found that my "friends" and I weren't very compatible.

So, when I moved to Atlanta, got married and had my son I found myself over-evaluating every possible relationship with women because I didn't want the same thing to happen again.
I wish I'd thought  of joining an online club a while ago!
chocolottamama
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2007 at 3:06 PM
I understand just what you mean....it can be hard to find people that don't work your last nerve, or who have not lost themselves in their domestic life...remaining true to your spirit is essential for sanity, for me anyway....but as Lisa and Rahkissed both said, you found Cafe Mom, and you found us (both of whom are on my friends list) and we may have to plan a get together until you find some local people...I am always on the highway....we can get to know each other this way in the meantime...i've met some people who seem really nice, and time will tell......stay focused, and true to what you want and need...it'll pay off for you in the end.....
chip
by New Member on Mar. 30, 2007 at 7:55 PM
I understand exactly what you are saying, I moved 3000 miles away from my friends and trying to make new ones is hard. the ones that I have met are 10 years younger than me. And I have been there done that syndrome. I am looking for the same things, too bad we don't live in the same city. good luck to u.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)