Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best School Supply Deals?

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2008 at 10:42 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 403 Total Views

Can we keep this thread going with on-going sales of school supplies if anyone knows of any?

I did see/get a few great deals by the register at Publix yesterday. 
BUY 1 GET 1 FREE for the following:
Crayola 8pak Washable Markers     Save: 3.99
1" View Binder       Save:  3.99
Kid's Blunt scissor   Save 2.49
4-pack Highlighters     Save 2.99

Good prices there were:
2-pack Elmer's Glue stick for .50!
Crayola 24 pack for .33!
Wire Notebooks 3 for 1.00!
Elmers White School Glue .33!

Great deals!  Not too much variety but those steals and deals were worth the trip!  Good Luck Ladies!  And Happy Happy day to all of us!!

Off to the zoo!

by on Jul. 22, 2008 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MadeiraBchMom
by Group Owner on Jul. 23, 2008 at 11:19 PM

I was at Big Lots today (guilty pleasure) and picked up a few odds and ends.  My daughter is only starting pre-school, so the things she is required to have is not nearly as lengthy as those with kids in elementary and up.  I'm always a big fan of checking out Big Lots for Brand named supplies.

Good luck mommies finding the Bigger Better Deal!!!

artsyleenie
by on Jul. 24, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Here are a few things I picked up at Target:

70 pg 1 subject notebooks for $0.10,    12in. rulers $0.20,   2pk elmers glue $0.20

Walgreens has a great sale going on this week( july 20- july26)

you can pick up their ads in store and have access to these coupons:

2 pocket folder $0.05,  5 pack paper mate mechanical pencils $0.05,  highlighter $0.05, 12in. ruler $0.19, No.2 pencils $0.19 for 10 pack, 

they also have their backpacks buy one at $19.99 get one free, crayola colored pencils $0.99, 2ct eraser or 15ct cap erasers $0.19, 120 sheet 3 subject notebooks $0.99 

Have fun school shopping!

come check out my site   http://artsyleenie.webs.com  

Eileen
gennseng
by Member on Jul. 26, 2008 at 7:45 PM

Kristi,

Are you going to Rainbow???  You will need a backpack that fits a regular size folder.  Last year our backpack was too small and wouldn't shut (a pain).  Julie was in the 3 yr old class last year so she can tell you anything else you might need and then you can have it ready before school starts.  I think they start using scissors but not sure if they provide them or you buy them.

Jenn

PS  This is a great idea!  If I ever get a free moment to shop I will know exactly where to go.  Thanks everyone.

MadeiraBchMom
by Group Owner on Jul. 28, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Yes, Delaney is going to Rainbow, and we got a Dora back pack, since she is obsessed with Dora right now.  I think that it is big enough for a folder, but I will have to test it out.... 

Quoting gennseng:

PS  This is a great idea!  If I ever get a free moment to shop I will know exactly where to go.  Thanks everyone.

You and your little man staying busy!  Let me know if you ever want a shopping partner!

Kristi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)