Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:39 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 261 Total Views

So ladies, it's been over a year since  my son was born, and I've eaten healthy, dieted, low exercise, tried to up the exercise, etc etc, and I still can't lose the weight. I'm thinking of going to my central ohio nutrion center to see if they can help. I'm really afraid that after all I've done this year, because I didn't start off doing it with this center so it was documented, that they're going to just start me all over again. I've tried the low fat and low carb etc, and it's not working. I was hoping they would try phentermine...? Do you think they will, or just tell me to run 2 miles every day instead of 1 and to stop eating? <:( Has anyone else had any problems getting their doc to put them on phentermine? Just curious.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
iluvmylilguys
by Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Not sure if it's the same with a nutrition center, but I think weight loss clinics tend to incorporate the medication pretty frequenty (along with diet and exercise of course)! The one I go to prescribes it to everyone who is overweight, without even asking for it!

GypsyMamaJ
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Are you in Ohio by any chance? I only know of CONCI which is a nutrion center. They state on the website that they perscribe it, but I'm afraid because it's mainly a nutrition center they might take me on a crazy ride first with stuff I have already tried. Ugh :(

iluvmylilguys
by Member on Apr. 24, 2010 at 2:21 PM

No, I'm in Illinois. Maybe you could just call and ask what their program consists of? If it says it on the website, I'd think that if you went in there and tell them you've tried everything, hopefully they would prescribe you some medication from the start.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)