Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fitting for the group....

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 12:17 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 730 Total Views

So I thought I would share the wine glass I painted.

"Our country has two enemies:Those who want to destroy us from the outside and those who attempt it from within."

by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jejstover
by Group Owner on Sep. 9, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Love it !!!

A couple of quick questions 1) would you be inclined to paint any to sell? 2) is the paint dishwasher safe?

Jan

gogetem
by Member on Sep. 11, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Thank you!  I just started selling them this month :)  This one is still available (debated on keeping it. hehe)  Imagine the conversations that would arise at a party!  They do okay in the dishwasher, but I tell everyone to hand wash them to preserve the paint's integrity.  Here's my new Facebook page if you want to check the others out: https://www.facebook.com/#!/KatiesPaintedGlassware

Quoting jejstover:

Love it !!!

A couple of quick questions 1) would you be inclined to paint any to sell? 2) is the paint dishwasher safe?

Jan

jejstover
by Group Owner on Sep. 11, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Quoting gogetem:

Thank you!  I just started selling them this month :)  This one is still available (debated on keeping it. hehe)  Imagine the conversations that would arise at a party!  They do okay in the dishwasher, but I tell everyone to hand wash them to preserve the paint's integrity.  Here's my new Facebook page if you want to check the others out: https://www.facebook.com/#!/KatiesPaintedGlassware

Quoting jejstover:

Love it !!!

Jan

Cool ... btw, have you seen our new Libertarian Moms Marketplace forum via our group. Feel free to add your business info there as well.  I'm hoping we mamas will be able to shop with and support each other's business endeavors.

Check it out at Libertarian Moms Marketplace

Jan

gogetem
by Member on Sep. 11, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Awesome!!  I didn't know about it :)  Thank you for joining my page

Quoting jejstover:

Quoting gogetem:

Thank you!  I just started selling them this month :)  This one is still available (debated on keeping it. hehe)  Imagine the conversations that would arise at a party!  They do okay in the dishwasher, but I tell everyone to hand wash them to preserve the paint's integrity.  Here's my new Facebook page if you want to check the others out: https://www.facebook.com/#%21/KatiesPaintedGlassware

Quoting jejstover:

Love it !!!

Jan

Cool ... btw, have you seen our new Libertarian Moms Marketplace forum via our group. Feel free to add your business info there as well.  I'm hoping we mamas will be able to shop with and support each other's business endeavors.

Jan

deb_thang
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Love the glass and "liked" your page.  :o)

jejstover
by Group Owner on Sep. 11, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Quoting gogetem:

Awesome!!  I didn't know about it :)  Thank you for joining my page

Quoting jejstover:
Quoting gogetem:

Thank you!  I just started selling them this month :)  This one is still available (debated on keeping it. hehe)  Imagine the conversations that would arise at a party!  They do okay in the dishwasher, but I tell everyone to hand wash them to preserve the paint's integrity.  Here's my new Facebook page if you want to check the others out: https://www.facebook.com/#%21/KatiesPaintedGlassware

Quoting jejstover:

Love it !!!

Jan

Jan

Happy to do so ...  and I'm looking forward to you adding your business info to our new Marketplace forum here at LM (hope other mamas will do the same with their business endeavors too). I sent a Group Bulletin about the LM Marketplace to all of our members, but unfortunately CafeMom doesn't send out a notice when Bulletins are sent, so I suspect lots of our members miss them :-(

That said -- I have another idea that may help you promote your business -- my state party, the Libertarian Party of Illinois, is accepting donations from all kinds of individuals, businesses and organizations for our annual Convention's silent and live auction fundraiser.  The people who donate items to this event, get their name/business included in our Convention Program -- and during the auction itself, we tell a bit  about the business. This is a good way for Libertarians to learn about new products, services and organization that are pertinent to our message.

If you would be interested in donating a couple of your wine glasses, let me know and I can provide you with more details.  If not, that's fine, I just wanted to offer up the opportunity as I really think our members would like these!  :-)

Jan

-Eilish-
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2011 at 3:17 PM

I recently learned of a way to die glass so that you can keep the transparent-ness of the glass ... if you did that, it might be easier to sell.

-Eilish-
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Love it btw

gogetem
by Member on Sep. 11, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Wow!  That sounds interesting.... 
Sales are pretty good, but I'm curious about this!

Quoting -Eilish-:

I recently learned of a way to die glass so that you can keep the transparent-ness of the glass ... if you did that, it might be easier to sell.

-Eilish-
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2011 at 8:00 PM

http://craftberrybush.blogspot.com/2011/03/mason-blue-glass-canning-jar-diy.html

Quoting gogetem:

Wow!  That sounds interesting.... 
Sales are pretty good, but I'm curious about this!

Quoting -Eilish-:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)