Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

St. Louis, MO 2012 Libertarian Moms Gathering

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 11:08 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 659 Total Views

Mamas ... this thread is for the discussion and planning of our St. Louis, Missouri 2012 Libertarians Moms Gathering.

The days we are considering for this event are Saturday, July 14th and/or Sunday, July 15th.

Post your questions and suggestions here.

Hoping lots of Libertarian Moms can join us (Kim/AuroraAFA and I) for this exciting event in St. Louis!

And btw, to see the initial conversation that inspired this idea, check out our thread:
Should We Have a Libertarian Moms Convention?

Jan

by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AuroraAFA
by Group Admin on Jan. 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I can't wait to finally meet some other Libertarians in real life.  I only have one IRL Libertarian mommy friend and being in the military we moved apart :(

jejstover
by Group Owner on Jan. 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Quoting AuroraAFA:

I can't wait to finally meet some other Libertarians in real life.  I only have one IRL Libertarian mommy friend and being in the military we moved apart :(

Kim ... I've had the good fortune of meeting a number of moms in our group -- but am looking forward to meeting more in July!  Thanks for re-energizing us to organize such a`get-together!

Jan

jejstover
by Group Owner on Jan. 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM

There are a few essentials we need to begin discussing, such as Date and Time.

Does Saturday July 14th or Sunday, July 15th work best for those wanting to attend a Libertarian Moms gathering in St. Louis?

What would you say about having the gathering start at 10:30 or 11am and end at 2:30 or 3pm --- that would give everyone time to travel before and after the event and also give us time for conversation, lunch and maybe even a couple of workshop sessions of some kind.

Thoughts?

Jan

AuroraAFA
by Group Admin on Jan. 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Jan, that sounds perfect to me.  Enough time to get to know each other without feeling rushed.  Would we want to rent out an area in a community center or perhaps just get a room at a restaurant.  Even having lived in the Metro East, we didn't spend much time in St Louis proper so I am not as familiar with what's available downtown.  I can ask some of my friends where they go for business lunches and such if we wanted to go that route.

jejstover
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Quoting AuroraAFA:

Jan, that sounds perfect to me.  Enough time to get to know each other without feeling rushed.  Would we want to rent out an area in a community center or perhaps just get a room at a restaurant.  Even having lived in the Metro East, we didn't spend much time in St Louis proper so I am not as familiar with what's available downtown.  I can ask some of my friends where they go for business lunches and such if we wanted to go that route.

Kim ... I did a little surfing the net last night for locations in St. Louis we could possibly meet, but having friends in St. Louis to ask would be helpful.

Since we don't know how many of our Libertarian Moms will want to/be able to join us, if we can find a restaurant, tea room, coffee house, tap room, retreat, etc that has a private dining/meeting room where we could meet for several hours for just the cost of our food (or maybe a small additional fee) that would probably be best this time around.

Also, deciding on a Saturday or Sunday may be determined for us, by the day location's hours.

If you want to see go ahead and see what your friends suggest, that would be great.

Thanks!

Jan

jejstover
by Group Owner on Mar. 8, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Quoting jejstover:

Quoting AuroraAFA:

Kim ... I did a little surfing the net last night for locations in St. Louis we could possibly meet, but having friends in St. Louis to ask would be helpful.

Since we don't know how many of our Libertarian Moms will want to/be able to join us, if we can find a restaurant, tea room, coffee house, tap room, retreat, etc that has a private dining/meeting room where we could meet for several hours for just the cost of our food (or maybe a small additional fee) that would probably be best this time around.

Also, deciding on a Saturday or Sunday may be determined for us, by the day location's hours.

If you want to see go ahead and see what your friends suggest, that would be great.

Thanks!

Jan

Any news on a possible location to hold our St. Louis gathering?

Jan

AuroraAFA
by Group Admin on Mar. 8, 2012 at 9:55 AM
I haven't had a chance to work on this yet. When spring break is done next week, I will hit this hard. I will send an email right now to my friend so I can be prepared to get to work on this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jejstover
by Group Owner on Mar. 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Quoting AuroraAFA:

I haven't had a chance to work on this yet. When spring break is done next week, I will hit this hard. I will send an email right now to my friend so I can be prepared to get to work on this.

Cool ... look forward to hearing what you find out (after spring break :-)

Jan

AuroraAFA
by Group Admin on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I know of a couple places in the Metro East that would be able to hold us.  Lottawatta Creek in Fairview Heights has a nice room we have used for going-away lunches and a friend holds her political meetings at the O'Fallon O'Charlies.  But I think it might be nicer to be in St Louis proper.

jejstover
by Group Owner on Mar. 8, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Quoting AuroraAFA:

I know of a couple places in the Metro East that would be able to hold us.  Lottawatta Creek in Fairview Heights has a nice room we have used for going-away lunches and a friend holds her political meetings at the O'Fallon O'Charlies.  But I think it might be nicer to be in St Louis proper.

I've found a number of locations in the Metro East area as well -- but, like you, I think St. Louis proper might be nicer, especially if we get Libertarian Moms from Illinois and Missouri to join us.

Jan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)