Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

St. Louis, MO 2012 Libertarian Moms Gathering

Posted by   + Show Post

Mamas ... this thread is for the discussion and planning of our St. Louis, Missouri 2012 Libertarians Moms Gathering.

The days we are considering for this event are Saturday, July 14th and/or Sunday, July 15th.

Post your questions and suggestions here.

Hoping lots of Libertarian Moms can join us (Kim/AuroraAFA and I) for this exciting event in St. Louis!

And btw, to see the initial conversation that inspired this idea, check out our thread:
Should We Have a Libertarian Moms Convention?

Jan

by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Replies (11-18):
kitty4ever
by Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I would love to go, but have to say St Louis is my LEAST favorite place in the world to drive!  I've driven in a lot of states, but ALWAYS get lost when it come to St Louis.  I hope it's someplace super easy to get to.  I think it's a great idea, and would love to actually meet other women who think more like I do :)

AuroraAFA
by Group Admin on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Haha, that is so true. The way the freeways are set up is very inconvenient and always leads to backups on the Poplar Street Bridge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM

We will be on our family vacation starting the 14th.  My entire extneded family vacations together every summer...family tradition.  I hope I can meet you all one day though!

jejstover
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Quoting kitty4ever:

I would love to go, but have to say St Louis is my LEAST favorite place in the world to drive!  I've driven in a lot of states, but ALWAYS get lost when it come to St Louis.  I hope it's someplace super easy to get to.  I think it's a great idea, and would love to actually meet other women who think more like I do :)

Glad you would consider braving the drive to join us :-)

I'm no fan of St. Louis drving either, but hubby finds it easy as he worked in and around the city for a number of years, so whenever we head that way he's usually behind the wheel.

BTW, where do you live --- wondering how far a trip to St. Louis would be for you?

Jan

kitty4ever
by Member on Mar. 10, 2012 at 9:35 PM

SE Iowa It's about a 4 hour trip.  I'm hoping I can talk DH into just doing a short trip.  It will depend on how busy it is around here, but I am going to keep the date in mind, and try my best to go.  You'll know who I am when I get there, the one who looks like they stuck their finger in a light socket!!!!!  But will be able to say "I survived St Louis (again)!!!!

Quoting jejstover:

Quoting kitty4ever:

Glad you would consider braving the drive to join us :-)

I'm no fan of St. Louis drving either, but hubby finds it easy as he worked in and around the city for a number of years, so whenever we head that way he's usually behind the wheel.

BTW, where do you live --- wondering how far a trip to St. Louis would be for you?

Jan

AuroraAFA
by Group Admin on Mar. 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Having just drove through Nashville, I have to retract my previous statement that St Louis is the most confusing city to drive through.  Nashville is crazy, just to stay on I24, I felt like I had to weave all across the freeway every mile or two to take exits.  Phew...gave me a heart attack.

Anyway, I was wondering how many people we can really expect?  There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest but I didn't know if, Jan or others who live near there, have people that would be coming as well.  I had it in my head that we would have a meal at a restaurant where we can be in a separate room.  I am looking only at places that are moderately priced, between $10-20 a plate. 

Here are some ideas. I am still a bit more comfortable with the Metro East, as far as restaurants, but I have been to the Drunken Fish.  It was quite good.  If we are going to be a very small group, perhaps we just want to meet for meal and maybe tour an attraction downtown.

AuroraAFA
by Group Admin on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:37 PM

So besides Jan and I, is there anyone else interested?  If not, perhaps, Jan, we can just meet for lunch.  I won't be staying as long now as I had hoped originally, so an all day event is more difficult for me.

jejstover
by Group Owner on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Quoting AuroraAFA:

So besides Jan and I, is there anyone else interested?  If not, perhaps, Jan, we can just meet for lunch.  I won't be staying as long now as I had hoped originally, so an all day event is more difficult for me.

Kim ... looks as if it's just you and I. And now to add to the mix, this is the weekend my oldest son is coming home which will make a difference in my availability too. 

I'll find out more details from him shortly and if he's flying out early on Sunday, maybe you and I can still get together for lunch/brunch on Sunday if you'd still be around.

Whatcha think?

Jan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN