Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Libertarian Moms Thought of the Day (3-9-12)

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 6:27 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 394 Total Views
The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum. -Frances Willard, nineteenth century educator and suffragist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jejstover
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Wise words ... and it prompted me to consider whether debating in online forums would be considered "wasting one's life in friction or turning it into momentum"  :-)

I suppose the answer to that question can best be determined by the debater themselves and how such debating either affects them through negative emotions such as anger, frustration, etc or motivates them to gain more information, acquire better communication skills, etc ...

Thoughts?

Jan

AuroraAFA
by Group Admin on Mar. 10, 2012 at 12:10 PM
I used to participate in debate groups and for awhile I enjoyed it. There were several women who were intelligent and made it a joy to spar with them. But after awhile I get tired of all the vitriol. No one was really there to learn or even be respectful and eventually most of the women I really enjoyed debating with either left or weren't participating as much and I was exhausted discussing the same five topics over and over. I think there is a point that can be reached when you realize your message hasn't gotten out and no one is interested and that is when it goes from being momentum to friction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)