Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to forum

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 1:53 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 437 Total Views
Hello i just wanted to introduce myself my name is maria i am 26 and a stay at home mom my husband is in the navy. We have a 2year old son named Daniel and another son due may 27th.
We have lived here for almost 3 years and will be stationed here for another 3 yrs.
At the moment my husband is stationed at kunia he will be stationed at pearl harbor in a couple of months.I have yet to make any friends here i am hoping when we move to pearl harbor and have a normal schedule we will get to make friends. Well thats about it i guess
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Danesmom
by Group Owner on Apr. 14, 2007 at 10:56 AM
Welcome!!  Thanks for joining us!! We will be in the area in sept, im just not sure where yet ;)
MzCheeko808
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2007 at 1:18 AM
Hi Maria, my name is Michiko or you can call me Chiko for short.  Reading your post, it sounds like your husband works at the Kunia Tunnel, am I right?  If so, whooa, my husband used to work out there every now and then.  I was always worried about his commute to and from work.  People didn't always obey the speed regulations on Kunia road.  As for making friends, I would recommend calling Housing on Pearl Harbor to see if they have a monthly schedule, on the events happening there.  If you're lucky, they may have the listed play groups available every week.  So you'll have the chance to take your son out, to play with other kids his age and meet other SAHM's as well.  Or you can take your son to the swimming pool, when it's open and meet other mom's that way.  When we were living on Hickam, I took my kids to the swimming pool weekly and met other mothers who took their kids their regularly.  After a while, I became friends with them and we did plan days to meet eachother there.
mom2jonathan
by Member on Apr. 30, 2007 at 1:30 AM
I'm Regina and i'm 28.  We will be in HI probably by the end of summer.  Right now it is supposedly mid July, but that could change.  I have a 2 1/2 y.o. son named Jonathan.  I hope we can stay in contact and hang out sometime when I get there.  Hang in there.  I know that making friends in the new place is hard sometimes, especially when you tend to stay in like I do.  I am going to force myself to do some activities to get my son out of the house at least 2-3 times a week.  I think it will do us good.

TTYL
Regina
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)