Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Homeschooling Moms?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2011 at 2:00 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 512 Total Views

We are moving to HI in the Spring of '12.  I have decided to homeschool when we get there for various reasons and I wanted to know how the support was in the military community in HI. 

by on Jun. 15, 2011 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KarmicChild
by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 8:34 PM

I realize that you posted this some time ago, but...

We will be arriving in Hawaii in about a month, and I plan to begin home-preschool in December, when my daughter turns three.  My husband and I have been planning to homeschool our daughter (and any future children) since...well, before she was born!

In a nutshell, I am....a hippie-dippie; music craving; picture painting; story writing; kitchen loving; nature loving; vegetarian meal diggin'; OCD having; semi co-sleeping; non-spanking; big family wanting; homemaking; wife of a soldier; SAHM to the beautiful Lucy Rose...and owner of the Hippie Military Mamas group!

SheenaMac4
by New Member on Dec. 19, 2011 at 7:06 PM

We homeschool! I homeschool my oldest (6th/7th grade) and my youngest (preK). My middle 2 currently go to public school because I needed a break with my husbands sporadic submarine schedule; plus his 6+mth deployment.

The military community is supportive. Military Home Education Network is a good google group to get information from. There are other groups as well.

If you have more questions; just let me know!

ma2calebzoeyeli
by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM

We are going to be homeschooling too. Do you have a curriculum you prefer?  Do your kids do a "virtual" academy?  I would have kids in 1st, 4th, and 6th grades.

Quoting SheenaMac4:

We homeschool! I homeschool my oldest (6th/7th grade) and my youngest (preK). My middle 2 currently go to public school because I needed a break with my husbands sporadic submarine schedule; plus his 6+mth deployment.

The military community is supportive. Military Home Education Network is a good google group to get information from. There are other groups as well.

If you have more questions; just let me know!

~~~Tina~~~ 

tm_burriss. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)