Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where Do We Stay While We're Waiting For Housing?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 9:00 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 441 Total Views

I am so stressed about such things.  We only have a few weeks left before we are in Hawaii!

In a nutshell, I am....a hippie-dippie; music craving; picture painting; story writing; kitchen loving; nature loving; vegetarian meal diggin'; OCD having; semi co-sleeping; non-spanking; big family wanting; homemaking; wife of a soldier; SAHM to the beautiful Lucy Rose...and owner of the Hippie Military Mamas group!

by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommy877
by Member on Sep. 3, 2011 at 3:09 PM

what base are you waiting for housing? 

KarmicChild
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 9:06 PM
My husband will be stationed at Shafter.

Quoting mommy877:

what base are you waiting for housing? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtneycorteal
by Member on Sep. 4, 2011 at 7:07 AM
They have hotels on base u just have to call to make a rezavation but its really exspncive like 100+ a night so just look for hotels around the base, and are you already on the waiting list for housing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KarmicChild
by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 8:54 AM
We were under the impression that we cannot be placed on the waiting list until we are actually in Hawaii. I am so nervous, because I've heard it can take months to be placed on post. Thanks to my dear husband's spending, our savings I was building for all this are completely gone, and I'm about to have a nervous breakdown! It doesn't help that his sponser never answers her phone.

Quoting Courtneycorteal:

They have hotels on base u just have to call to make a rezavation but its really exspncive like 100+ a night so just look for hotels around the base, and are you already on the waiting list for housing?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtneycorteal
by Member on Sep. 4, 2011 at 10:30 AM

that does suck and yeah u have to be on island to be on the list have u called to see how long it is right now, and u might be better off living off post its cheaper,I'm off island right now and when I'm back i have to go throw all the housing stuff again since my dh wants to live on post cuz its more covenant for him, but on post housing takes all you BAH n u have to pay s deposit too to move in

KarmicChild
by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 11:49 AM

We have gone back and forth on the "on post or off post" debate for some time know.  Honestly, I think it just comes down to the fact that I am paranoid...lol.  We live off post now, but I have also lived in this area my entire life, and it is no Honolulu (I hate big cities).  I mean, I am not naive, and I know that "bad things happen everywhere", but I think I would feel safer living on post.

Quoting Courtneycorteal:

that does suck and yeah u have to be on island to be on the list have u called to see how long it is right now, and u might be better off living off post its cheaper,I'm off island right now and when I'm back i have to go throw all the housing stuff again since my dh wants to live on post cuz its more covenant for him, but on post housing takes all you BAH n u have to pay s deposit too to move in

In a nutshell, I am....a hippie-dippie; music craving; picture painting; story writing; kitchen loving; nature loving; vegetarian meal diggin'; OCD having; semi co-sleeping; non-spanking; big family wanting; homemaking; wife of a soldier; SAHM to the beautiful Lucy Rose...and owner of the Hippie Military Mamas group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)